panasonic dmr e55 set up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by redjay420, Jul 30, 2004.

1. redjay420

redjay420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok...can anyone suggest how to set up the system if i have the following all needing to be connected...
    tv
    e55
    sky box
    vcr
    ps2.

im a little stuck.....

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    We could do with a little more info than that if you want a specific solution! How many scart sockets does it have? How many support RGB input? What make/model is the TV?

A generic setup would be:

Sky TV Out > AV2 on the E55 and then AV1 > TV Ext1
    PS2 > TV Ext2
    VCR Out > TV Ext3

That assumes your TV has two RGB sockets though...

3. steve321

steve321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the e55 on some pana tvs are best connected to av2 for qlink and rgb - but as said in the last post..what tv have you got?

oh and hey all - newbie :hiya:

4. redjay420

redjay420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops... my bad. just the two scart sockets on the back of the tv. its an LG 28" widescreen job, not sure of the exact model it belongs to my housemate. thanks for the help so far!!

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    If it was a fairly recent LG 28" then I don't think it supports RGB - so you'll need to use S-Video (this depends upon the model number of the TV though!).

Sky TV Out (set to RGB) > AV2 on the E55 (set to RGB)
    Panasonic E55 AV1 (set to S-Video) > TV Ext1
    PS2 (set to S-Video) > TV Ext2
    VCR In/Out (set to composite) > Sky (VCR)

Notes
    1) I haven't trialled this setup on the current generation Panasonics. The RGB-S-Video conversion inside the E55 *should* work (but only when the recorder is on!). If it doesn't try connecting AV3 (S-Video/Audio jacks) to the Scart input. Failing that if you switch the Sky and Panasonic E55 to Composite (Video) it will all work fine but you will get a poor picture - better to buy a RGB-S-Video converter to sit in between the Sky TV Out and the Panasonic E55 AV2 (with both AV1 and AV2 set to S-Video).

2) You will only be able to watch the VCR when Sky and the E55 are OFF. You could get around this by connecting to the PS2 (assuming it has loop through).

3) You'll need to set your TV for S-Video input - check the MENU and their should be an appropriate setting (connectings/aux/setup etc).