Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic DMR-E55 recording?!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rdelusion, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Rdelusion

Rdelusion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys!

I'm new to recording onto DVD and but one of things I was most looking forward to was the video plus feature as I am always missing my progams and hate trying to set the timer :/

I was gutted to read in the instructions that the recorder doesn't support video plus on cable channels and that you have to set it up for that.

As far as I'm reading it correctly you can set it up to start recording from the AV channel at a certain time but how does it turn the channel on the cable box to the appropriate cable channel ie sky1, movie channel etc??

Any help or advice would be most appreciated!

Christmas morning didn't used to be this frustrating!! :eek:

2. Richard8655

Richard8655

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rd,

The Pana E-55 manual states "When connecting a cable TV box or satellite receiver, the VCR+ system does not work. Program the timer recording manually and select the channel on the cable TV box or satellite receiver before the timer recording starts." This means you need to manually turn on your cable box and manually set the cable box channel you want to record. You can then set the E-55's timer program to record at a future date and time with the cable box input as the selected channel.

When recording from your E-55 TV tuner though, VCR+ works automatically, as long as you set up the VCR+ channels to correspond with your local cable company channels. This is not hard to do and once done (10 minutes or so) you never need worry about it again. This is done in the setup menu.

Hope this helps.

Richard

3. Rdelusion

Rdelusion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Richard,

Thx for the reply.

I'm more than happy to spend the time setting up my VCR+ channels to correspond with my local cable company channels but I have no idea how to go about doing this - any tips?

4. JethroUK

JethroUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Video+ should work exactly same way as it did on your video player (how did you do it before?)

Video+ codes will automatically work on internal tuner (Ch1-5) - when you set codes for satellite program it will set times and ask you which channel your decoder is plumbed into - then make sure your decoder is tuned to the correct channel (most decoders have a timer which you can synchronise with same time)