panasonic dmr-e55 menu writing problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dbchandler, Jan 21, 2005.

1. dbchandler

dbchandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I get it that the Panasonic DMR-E55 is picky about media.
    But what I don't understand is why it would record audio and video just fine but then choke on the menu, leaving the bottom 20 to 80% of the menu black if this was a media issue. The chapter thumbnails are still clickable but you have an ugly mess for menu. And this is an intermittent problem. I've had good disc menus and bad ones on both Verbatim Datalife Plus and Princo dvd-r 4x.
    I won't repeat the post at the end of an eight month old thread on this topic but if you want some of the gory details see the bottom of,
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-132230.html
    If I want to burn mostly dvd-r (printable) from a video camera and get better reliability, are there any suggestions for better recorders? Reliable media for the e55?

2. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had no problems with Ritek X4 (G04 dye) discs

3. dbchandler

dbchandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever have a problem with any other media on the panny e55? If so, what was the symptom? Did it choke on writing the menu or basic recording of video?

My next test is to try newer, higher quality cables between my video camera and the e55 because I just don't think it's the media!