1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder Set-Up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chris-evans, Oct 4, 2004.

1. chris-evans

chris-evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping someone could provide me with some guidance. I have the following equipment:

Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder
    Toshiba TV (2 scarts)
    Sky Digibox
    Sony Home Cinema System

The Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder is supposed to be set up as the last item connected to the TV, I can set this up to seemingly work ok using the following set-up:

Sky Digibox into AV2 in Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder
    Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder AV1 into TV AV1
    TV AV2 into Sony Home Cinema System

The problem I have is that when I want to record terrestrial TV on the Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder I then cannot watch anything from the Sky Digibox. Obviously you have to set the Panasonic DMR E55 DVD Recorder input to terrestrial and I can therefore only get it to output terrestrial TV rather than the output of the Sky Digibox. There must be a workaround to this, can anyone help?

I hope this post is clear!

Many thanks for your help.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    There is a workaround - you can use the RF output of Sky whilst your E55 is recording. I assume you already have RF going into the E55 so just connect it to Sky first.