1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR E55 & component video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Boxadog, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Boxadog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi I am new here so please be gentle :blush:

I have recently bought a Panny E55 and connected it up to my Hitachi 32PD3000 Plasma. I find the component video connection gives a rather 'grainy' picture on the plasma from all playback sources (commercial DVD's, recordings from SKY via RGB etc) whereas using an RGB SCART connection is clean. Switching progressive scan on or off makes no difference to the grainyness of the picture. The effect is hard to describe but is like very short vertical black lines all over the picture. It is not really prominent but is noticeably worse than the SCART connection. I am using a good quality component lead.

Also when switching the E55 to progressive scan, the auto aspect ratio switching of the picture on the Plasma does not work. I have to set this to widescreen manually. Switching progressive off on the E55, restores this function. There are no progressive/interlaced settings on the Plasma, it auto detects whatever signal you put into it.

Anyone got any ideas please?