1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E50 video connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ronknee, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Ronknee

Ronknee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD recorder which records and plays back OK. However, I want to record onto DVD from my Sony video recorder, but can not get the videotape output into the DVD-recorder.

I have used three cables to connect the video and audio L and R sockets on the front of the DVD Recorder. Do I need an S video cable too? If so, where does it go into the video recorder, which just has three sockets at the front? It also has a scart socket at the rear labelled AV Line1.

So I'm not sure if it's a cabling problem or a set up problem in the DVD recorder or TV.

Any advice will be most welcome.

:mad:

2. Ossrider

Ossrider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have successfully recorded using a scart to six phono lead cable. The six phonos are: video in, audio left in, audio right in, video out, audio left out and audio right out.

I plugged the scart into the back of the vcr and the IN phono plugs into the front of the dvdr.

I then set the dvdr to AV3 and the video then successfully played through the dvdr to tv screen and I was able to record the signal.

I hope this is of help to you.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You need to record from the correct input source for the front socket av3? av4?. The scart input will be av2, but you must change from rgb to video input in the av2 set-up otherwise you will only see a black screen. Remember to change back when you reconnect to a digibox etc.