PANASONIC DMR-E50 - Slowing down ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RecordablDVDfan, Dec 24, 2003.

1. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Do the menu's etc take longer to show up / erasing takes longer also etc the more video you have on a RAM disk ?

Also I find slightly more noise coming from the E50 on later tracks ie 14 15 etc than no 1. Is this normal. Being very picky here as compared to my VCR operation is near silent, just curious...

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The more times you have used the disc the more disjointed the files will become. Don't forget that if you delete an add or a bit of over-run in a program, this space will be used by a subsequent recording, exactly like a hard drive on a computer. Consequently the "later programs on the disc" are in reality spread all over the disc in bits here and there causing the extra noise as the reading head has to jump around to find them.

Its only the other types of media that use a more linear style of recording, although I guess rw is a little similar, but don't believe +rw can re-use deleted space within a program until the whole disc is wiped.

Best to occasionally format the ram disc and start afresh after archiving what you want to keep.

3. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    ok so what I said is normal then ?