1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E50 and Panny PWD6

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PLASMABABBY, Jul 21, 2004.

1. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first post in this section - can anyone help?

No replies up to yet. I just wondered if anyone knows the answer or am I just doing something stupidly wrong.

I have a Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD recorder which gave me no problems when connected up to my old Thomson CRT TV.

I recently got a PWD6 Plasma screen and connected everything up the sma way as before i.e.

Freeview Box ----------> DMR-E50 --------> PWD6 Plasma

All connections are by Scart leads.

The problem is that when I use the timer on the DVD recorder to record a programme, as soon as the timer kicks in the picture being monitored on the Plasma screen goes black and white and there is a slight loss of sync.
    The picture and sound are perfect on playback i.e. in colour and no loss of sync.

However if I set the recorder to record manually by just pressing the record button I get a colour picture with again a slight loss of sync. Playback is perfect.

I would be most grateful for any thoughts or suggestions on how to remedy this odd problem.

Plasmababby

2. Clarky

Clarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry I'm also new to this but I see you've had no responses and I used (!) to have an E50-(see post above) and had similar trouble with the picture in chasing play. I eventually fixed it by buying fully wired scarts (I think in some cheapy ones not all the pins are connected) and playing about with the input/output setups on both the telly and the panny.
    Good luck!

Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will be along in a minute
    Come on you lot
    Clarky

3. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Clarky
    Thanks for the reply.
    I take your point about the scart leads, but they used to work on the old system OK and the only difference was that the TV was a Thomson 32" job
    Might try some new ones though.

Plasmababby

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    You might be better off in the Plasmas forum. Clearly some of your problems stem from the signal type going to the plasma. So check:
    - that your Freeview box set to output RGB
    - that your Panasonic E50 set to RGB on both AV1 and AV2
    - that your plasma input is set to RGB

Try taking the Panasonic E50 out the loop - get the Freeview to work with the Plasma directly. Ensure that both are RGB. Then add the Panasonic between them.

Ultimately though this isn't a problem with your E50 as it worked on your previous TV. The sync problems are cause by internal processing inside the plasma and not by the E50. I would suggest that the signal input will alter this processing - although you'd be better off asking other uses of this set on the Plasma forum:
    http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

5. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Rasczak,
    Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
    I have tried doing what you suggested with the settings and connections but still get a black and white picture while recording using the timer.
    Maybe you're right about the scarts.
    I'll check that out on Monday.
    Tried in the Plasma section but got no replies.
    Regards
    Plasmababby