panasonic dmr- e30

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by normski, Nov 13, 2002.

1. normski

normski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all

could some one with this player tell me if it is capable of being used via a rf output as well as the scart socket the reason being i will want it to directly replace a vcr and at the moment the rf output is transmitted to other tvs in the house and it keeps my good lady happy as she will be able to operate it without having to turn all the av gear on idf poss could you atach the relevant page from the manual i have looked on pannys web site but manuals are not yet available for download

thanks normski

2. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes it can be setup for RF Output as well as SCART at the same time or just one or the other.

3. normski

normski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks yonderblue

thats great it is exactly the info i was after, after all if i am going to spend 400 notes on this it must be usable by the good lady

for anyone else who may be interested in this subject the philips machine does not have a rf output channel so is only viewable by scart and then you need to use the monitor button to see anything

thanks normski

4. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm reading the instruction manual for nthis machine at the moment & can confirm it will play through the RF or S Video channels. Just one note of caution though, if you have a satellite receiver on the same system (ie throughthe recorder) it may cause interference with the sat channels. If you need more info email me & I'll email you a scanned copy of the relevant page.

I've had my machine since Sunday & so far it's the dogs B******s.

5. normski

normski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got mine this afternoon from jl at a price match of 399
    i have to agree with you it is a fantastic machine i have it hooked up with satalite and a vcr and have no problems with rf interference i am glad i took the philips back because it had no rf out put channel also the philips machine seemed very light in weight and the buttons awkward to use on the machine, and lastly dvd-r is very cheap to buy

6. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Normski

You mentioned price match at John Lewis - how does that work exactly and what is their delivery options?

I am currently playing with the Philips model and still prefer the E30 for the cheaper media and the time slip features.

Thanks

Mark

7. normski

normski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mark

all you need to do for a jl price match is to find a retailer which must be a shop they will not match internet only based companies
    it is best to speak to jl tele sales dept give them the details of the shop selling at a lower price and they will call you back to confirm the price match normally within 48 hours this depends on the shop answering the phone i used rgb direct. when i rang rgb to confirm the price it took me a while to get through once they have confirmed the price yopu can collect or they will deliver i am not sure where you are but delivery is normally free also with jl you get a 2 year warrenty as standard.

normski

8. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

So just to be clear: the advantages are you get a free delivery and longer warranty with a much more reputable store?

Where do you find the stores that sell them cheaply in the first place? Never heard of RGB direct - they advertise in magazines etc?

Should aim to get the E30 in about 1-2 weeks max.

M

9. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Correct, Plus the J.L. store should or will be nearer to where you live and if anything goes wrong it is not far to go to vent your anger in the unlikely event it goes wrong, And you get a longer warranty that does not cost extra which something like say Dixion's or Comet will never do without extra cash upfront.

Search the internet like everyone else :) or buys some AV magazines or dare I say it browse the magazines at WHSmiths :) , Couple of sites I use, http://uk.pricerunner.com, http://www.price-guide.co.uk there are proabaly others but thats the ones I use, The URL for RGBdirect is http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk

10. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Cheers for that. Will proceed when I have money in hand to buy it.

Got some blank DVD-Rs on order so may head over to local panasonic shop and get them to record any signal for me just to prove its working on my Mico 980a.

M

11. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark Bennett - When you take the dvd-r's for recording take a small selection as the Panny can be a bit tempremental with some of the cheaper discs. I have used white labels with no problems so far. (about 80p - £1 each). If you search through some of the threads on the E30 you'll find some details on whats good and not so good.

12. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I ordered the basic trial pack for DVD-R's over the weekend from:

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/

and they list which ones have been tested on which burner.

Hope to get it working tues.

btw - you think that the DVD recorders would allow you to import JPEG backgrounds etc for the menu page - oh well, next generation maybe...

M