Panasonic DMR-E30 -- Time to go?

Maccaloon

Novice Member
I've used a DMR-E30 as an occasional back-up since I bought it new way back, but now I am getting shutdown and recover frequently on recordings (VHS to DVD transfers mainly) and it is unreliable. I also had a Panny DMR-E85 (my first back-up machine) which I managed to bring back to sparkling life following the excellent thread here and I was wondering if the E30 could be salvaged in a similar manner?

Or is it time to let it go?

Thanks.

Gavtech

Administrator
I've used a DMR-E30 as an occasional back-up since I bought it new way back, but now I am getting shutdown and recover frequently on recordings (VHS to DVD transfers mainly) and it is unreliable. I also had a Panny DMR-E85 (my first back-up machine) which I managed to bring back to sparkling life following the excellent thread here and I was wondering if the E30 could be salvaged in a similar manner?

Or is it time to let it go?

Thanks.
It must have done some miles by now.

You would probably find a new one altogether slicker and more versatile... but there is the capital cost.

I have not encountered this unit as being prone to problems with the primary regulator but it may be cheap enough to consider speculatively replacing it...and checking for any dubious looking capacitors in the PSU area.

Perhaps a gamble but maybe worth taking.

Top Bottom