Panasonic DMR-E100H problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Billaboard, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Billaboard

Billaboard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend Steve, who is unable to post here for some reason has asked me to post the following for him. Obviously he'd be grateful for any ideas. I've already suggested a larger hammer.

Having just dubbed from hard disc onto blank DVD and finalised the result, my Panasonic
    DMR-E100H went into 'Self Checking' mode and has absolutely refused to come out.
    The machine will not turn off and after being removed from the mains and then reconnected turns
    itself on and immediately goes back to 'Self Checking'.
    I've left the machine switched on for 24 hours in the 'Sel;f Checking' mode in the hope that it might
    work its way through checking the DVD and everything else, but it remains determinedly in the 'Self
    Checking' mode.
    The manual states that 'Self Check' means that 'the unit is carrying out its recovery process. Wait
    until the message disappearsd.'
    If only!

2. RAB67

RAB67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    sounds serious

how about powering it up and trying to eject the disc before it has a chance to go into self check?

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Could be caused by the disc. You have not stated if the disc has been removed. It should state in the manual how to remove disc if tray cannot be opened. I think its something like press stop button and channel ^ on the main unit whilst pressing "open".
    On my Panasonic E85 to remove a faulty disc whilst on continuous "self check" I had to remove the top from the laser compartment.
    If its the same its just four top screws to remove but to gain access to the front two I had to disengage the front of the unit. All so simple after you have done it once! Just had the one bad disc in two years of use. Machine is still working fine.