Panasonic DMR-E100 High speed dub compatibility

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sdm197, Jan 31, 2004.

1. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Everyone,

I have a DMR-E100, I have been trying to get it high speed dub, I had filled up the Hard Disk and wanted to transfer it quickly to disk (DVD-R).
    I have Verbatim 1-2x disks and the machine would not do it, so I thought it must be media dependant, so I bought some Sony 1-4x disks DVD-R but they will not high speed dub either. I have found out that Panasonic are now selling their own 4x compatible discs at twice the price of the normal ones (ouch!!!) does anyone know if you can use any other DVD-R brands, or had success with other brands??:rolleyes:

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Presumably you are dubbing at the same speed as the source, ie xp to xp, sp to sp etc, otherwise it is not possible.

The facility is actually pretty useless as you need to record to the hard drive at xp, then edit out the ads etc, and then dub to fill the media when archiving at fr. High speed dubbing becomes irrelevant when you do this to obtain the best quality archive, unless you limit to xp , and 1 hour on each dvd.

3. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Ken,

Thanks for the speedy reply, yes I am dubbing at the same speed, although I have edited out the ads as you suggest.
    I must admit that I thought that you could just dub individual programmes from the HDD to DVD at high speed. The instruction book is pretty vague on this subject.

Cheers

Steve.

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to do one thing at a time.But if you have HDD at XP,then anything over 1 hour will not dub at high speed to dvd-r as it will not fit on a single disc.

5. Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi sdm197,

I have had pretty much the same problem.

I've been using Bulkpaq 4x media. On a couple of ocassions I've tried dubbing XP to XP and get an writing error message and then a disc incompatibility error message although at other times it works fine. I guess this could just be a problem with disc quality.

I also thought you could use DVD-Rs for the high speed dubbing of programmes recorded using XP, SP, LS and EP but it won't allow me to to it with these Bulkpaq discs.

What I find confusing is that I have been successful dubbing at high speed an XP recorded program (with adverts edited out) of less than 1 hour using a Panasonic DVD-RAM disc.

I would also like to know if anyone has successfully dubbed at high speed using any DVD-R media. Has anyone used Panasonics own brand discs?

Cheers

Harry Palmer

6. Penryn

Penryn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've dubbed at high speed onto BulkPaq DVD-R but to do so you must have recorded with the option of high speed dub switched on. I can't remember where it is but there is a setup option to allow high speed dubbing. It is certainly in the manual, though why you need the option, I have no idea.

7. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

First of all - sorry for my poor english. Now ad rem;
    I have Pioneer DVR -5100 and I have the same problem with coping previous edited material on HDD into DVD-R.
    To make it clear that's how I do it:
    1) Recording material from TV into HDD ( in the highest quality )
    2) Edite it ( divide , name .. )
    3) Make copy list
    4) And the last step... I can choose the speed of writing. The options are: High speed copy mode or Sp mode or LP mode .. and so on.
    5) I choose " High Speed " mode and.... the HDD-> DVD-R material is coping at REAL TIME. And at the end of copping the messge appeare on the TV screen " Copy Error ".
    So whats going on. What am I doing wrong ? Or " High Speed " mode is NOT possible in the case of use it with PLAY LIST or EDITED MATERIAL ?
    PS. Recording material is less than 1 Hour
    Am sure the over mentioned operations are the same as in Panasonic Recorders ( or they are very similar )
    I do appreciate of your help. Thanks

8. Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Penryn,

Now see in the [Setup menu / Disc] that you turn DVD-R Rec for High Speed mode to On.

This is on P59 of the manual under various settings. I hadn't read that far. Whoops!!

Cheers

Harry Palmer