Panasonic DMR E 100 1 to 2 min bug

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by radicalrad, Jul 8, 2004.

1. radicalrad

radicalrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have had the dmr e100 now for a few months and am on me fourth machine all with the same problem..
    if i record from and external dvd on to a dvd-r i get a wierd 1 to 2 min bug it will start recording and somewhere between these times it will stop recording and start again (its almost like its trying to cache or something and fails so stops and try's again)loosing maybe say 10 or 20 seconds between the two recordings so i end up with 2 files on the dvd when i am finished this has also happened when recording from the tv..oddly if it does it and i stop it after the 2 min mark and delete the files on the disk and start a gain it will be fine and record straight through :confused:
    does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution to it :lease:
    i am a little tired of keep sending the machine back to panasonic.
    thanks for any help.. :beer:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    It's an unusual problem - it hasn't come up on the forum at least. The most obvious cause is either some incompatibility with the DVD player your using or cheap, partly incompatible media. I assume you have varied the latter during your troubleshooting and the former their isn't much you can do about unless you have a spare DVD player lying about.

Have you tried recording to the HDD and then dubbing to DVD-R? If it stops and starts when recording to the HDD at least then you can 'combine' it using the Playlists.

3. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I occasionally had this problem in the past on my old E20. The cause was attributed to using cheap discs. I changed to using quality branded media about two years ago and since then I've rarely had a problem of any sort (with either the E20 or the E100).

It's comparatively rare for Panasonics to have problems (using decent media), so the fact that you're on your 4th machine means that you should probably look at other causes.

Regards

OARDVD

4. anth63

anth63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, what brand of DVD-Rs do you use for your E20, I've tried a multitude in mine with varying degrees of success.

Cheers
    anth63

5. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use TDK 1-4X discs marked with a TYG01 code. To be honest, now that I've got the E100 I mainly use them in that machine now and usually just use RAM in the E20.

Regards

OARDVD