Panasonic DMR-BWT735EB Smart Blu-ray Disc Recorder

thebiggfella

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have just taken delivery of this machine

Panasonic DMR-BWT735EB Smart Blu-ray Disc Recorder with 1TB HDD and Twin Freeview+ HD Tuners (New for 2013): Amazon.co.uk: TV

but upon opening the box, I noted that the SCART socket on the 735 states that it is AV in with only the HDMI supporting AV out. I have an older TV with no HDMI sockets so did check that there was at least one SCART socket. However, I did not realise that they could be either AV in or AV out and went ahead and made the purchase.

I suppose what I'm asking is can I connect the 735 to my TV via SCART because if I can't, I'm screwed? I know you can get HDMI > SCART converters but they seem to be around £50 which I'd rather avoid spending. Either that or a new TV.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Unfortunately it is the way things are going - No analogue video outputs.... so there are only the workarounds you are already aware of.

A new TV would provide the benefit of access to HD - so there is a potential upside.

You may be better advised to look at Panasonic sets... depending on whether you may wish to use some of the DLNA Facilities of the '735.
I believe these are not compatible with Samsung sets - or have some limitations.

Thanks for the reply. Both are DLNA certified. I've read several reviews of both but cannot find any issues. Do you have any links to potential compatibility issues between the '735 and the UE55F9000 Samsung TV? These are new-ish bits of kit so I would have thought any issues would have been ironed out by now.

I've also had a look at the Panasonic TVs but the only 4k one I could find was a 65" one - too big for my living room.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Apologies to 'Gavtech' but,
As the member 'thebigfella' has/had already viewed this item, I was helping to point out the item does not cost an estimated £50, but around £20, whether it has or has not an 'S' video is irrelevant in this case, for this member.
Please read 'thebigfella' first entry.

Apologies to 'Gavtech' but,
As the member 'thebigfella' has/had already viewed this item, I was helping to point out the item does not cost an estimated £50, but around £20, whether it has or has not an 'S' video is irrelevant in this case, for this member.
Please read 'thebigfella' first entry.

Maybe so but in the intervening period chances are the OP has purchased a new Tv as GavTech suggested.
I've noticed over the last few days you seem to be reviving some posts which are a few months old and where the OPs have never bothered to report back with the outcome to solutions offered.

In respect of the intervening period chances are the OP has, or maybe has not, been able to afford/acquire the said equipment. Even so, with this open thread could benefit another member, simply just by them reading the thread?
No offence meant nor intended to criticise any member, and apologise if offence has been taken..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom