Panasonic DMR-BWT735. SD card problem

Martin O

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just put a SD card from my DSLR into my Panasonic to check some HD video and the picture plays perfectly, but there is no sound.
The sound plays fine through the camera, so is there a sub menu somewhere that needs sorting?

Martin

Check out the first few pages of the manual, you'll find a list of what media will play what types of files on the 735. It is a bit touchy that you have exactly the right format that it understands too. Obviously it is not regularly updated with codecs either so some recent formats appear not to work. It's trial and error with playing material other than that which was recorded by the machine itself. Some you win.............

Last edited by a moderator:
SD cards are notoriously tricky with the Panasonic bluray recorders.
For example Mpeg 2 videos can be put onto a SD card but they won't play, Mpeg 4 (HD) videos put onto a SD card will play however these Mpeg 4 files cannot be moved onto the Panasonic hard drive, you are prompted that only Mpeg 2 files can be moved onto the hard drive and these won't even play from the SD card.
As for importing HD from bluray discs, it appears that this can be done from discs which have been formatted by the Panasonic first and have no copyright restrictions, so an unencrypted bluray disc with no copyright protection which has not been formatted cannot be imported into the Panasonic, and if you format the bluray using the Panasonic, then you cannot put the disc into a computer and burn any video onto it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom