Panasonic DMR-BWT735 Hard drive

There is nothing out there which will record now, the Sky Q box does not have scart so these options are no longer available. Cheers Dave
Your 735 will record. You can get analogue out of Sky Q mini. Or use an HDMI splitter with HDMI2AV converter from the main Sky Q box.

Apologies there are threads re the 735 on the go as well as the 720, but with the 720 you can record analogue inputs.

Apologies there are threads re the 735 on the go as well as the 720, but with the 720 you can record analogue inputs.
Hi. Just searched through my numerous boxes of parts ,did not know I had this but it is a MHL/HDMI-SCART Scaler Converter with a HDMI/MHL input and a Scart Output which is powered. Have you tried recorder on your 735 Cheers

I don't have a 735 either!!
I do use such a device and it works well.

I don't have a 735 either!!
I do use such a device and it works well.
Hi, again, wounder if you can record from a Chromecast, Roku or Firestick using this device, have a H cable but never again used it, I always buy things on impulse but then just forget about it, there is always something in else to think about. Also have you ever recorder blu ray discs?

You should be able to record from any HDMI source, provided that DRM doesn't stop you. This is unlikely as the analoguevsignals don't support Digital Rights Management. But your HDMI to SCART adaptor I suppose could, mine never have.

Only once used bluray disc, then obly gor a test, discs are so expensive.
I prefer to take recordings off the 720 via dlna, much easier, but sd quality only of course.

Hi, again, wounder if you can record from a Chromecast, Roku or Firestick using this device, have a H cable but never again used it, I always buy things on impulse but then just forget about it, there is always something in else to think about. Also have you ever recorder blu ray discs?
Hi, this should read Y not H, I always have trouble with messaging from my iphone

You should be able to record from any HDMI source, provided that DRM doesn't stop you. This is unlikely as the analoguevsignals don't support Digital Rights Management. But your HDMI to SCART adaptor I suppose could, mine never have.

Only once used bluray disc, then obly gor a test, discs are so expensive.
I prefer to take recordings off the 720 via dlna, much easier, but sd quality only of course.
Always wanted to know about DNLA, how do you record from that, I thought that was not possible and just used discs, I must have bought numerous ones, relying on the Bd-RE one 25gb or dual layer 50gb but NOW discovering I can transfer to usb hard drive makes everything faster, I have software on my computers which can cast to the panny but have not found a way to record these, they seem to be either listed on the pannys hard drive or from the computers hard drive, never got around to figure this out, again always get interrupted by someone else

You need both the 720 and youpc on the same network.
Then just open "my computer" and provided you have enabled dlna you will seee the 720 as a connected device, just open it up and copy and paste the recordings.
You will not see hd recordings.
Y cable? Ñot used such an hdmi lead, I use a spliiter.

That is my issue, how do I enable DNLA, never understood this way, the panny does not always connect to computer or laptop. I did not realise the panny connected wirelessly or have I misread this

Hi, again? Just come up with another suggestion, I use the front USB port for the external hard drive could I use the rear one for an input for Chromecast or Roku, have never used these port before this exercise as always worried that it will re-act to this, have you tried this, apologise for all these question but you are the first one who has really understood

The 720 has wifi, you just have to set it up, password etc, then I think there are 2 dnla system options, one to receive dnla data and the other server opton to deliver the 720's recording to the network.
It is in the manual, there a network check confirming internet access, once that its passed just requires dlna to be turned on.
The dlna server option incidentially works even with the 720 in standby.

Hi, Is it page 76 Smart Home Networking (DNLA) you are mentioning, never understood this, as there is no reference of wireless connection in the index so that is what’s confusing me, or am I being just thick!?

Yes page 76 for DLNA, you want Server setup.

You must setup the network connection first, use wired if you can, but wireless is ok.
Wired and wireless is on page 18 of the manual.

Yes page 76 for DLNA, you want Server setup.

You must setup the network connection first, use wired if you can, but wireless is ok.
Wired and wireless is on page 18 of the manual.
Hi, again thanks for your help, still not sure what DNLA is but tv is an old one, not has usb but is connected via Ethernet to BT wireless hub and exterior hub so have plenty of ports available, have acquired several computers, laptop everything is connected and I use video converter software to connect to the panny, is that DNLA?

In a word no.
The idea of DLNA is that where you have 2, or more, units that are DLNA compliant and they are all connected on one network, that media files on one unit ( in your case the 720) can be played on another one ( your pc or laptop). So in essence it is a method of sending files over the network and for the renderer (your pc or laptop) to be able to control search etc the files on the server (youur 720)

Your tv is not involved.
Your use as I understand what you want to do, is to copy recordings on the 720 onto your latp or pc.
Remember no HD recordings.
The recordings on the pc or laptop will ge either .ts, i.e. transport stream, files for DR recordings or mpeg2 for converted recordings, i.e. Xp, SP etc.
All these can easily be converted to mp4 or DVD type using converters such as the free VLC or Handbrake.

In a word no.
The idea of DLNA is that where you have 2, or more, units that are DLNA compliant and they are all connected on one network, that media files on one unit ( in your case the 720) can be played on another one ( your pc or laptop). So in essence it is a method of sending files over the network and for the renderer (your pc or laptop) to be able to control search etc the files on the server (youur 720)

Your tv is not involved.
Your use as I understand what you want to do, is to copy recordings on the 720 onto your latp or pc.
Remember no HD recordings.
The recordings on the pc or laptop will ge either .ts, i.e. transport stream, files for DR recordings or mpeg2 for converted recordings, i.e. Xp, SP etc.
All these can easily be converted to mp4 or DVD type using converters such as the free VLC or Handbrake.
Hi, No, just the opposite, I want record from the computer to bd-re discs or record on the panny from either computer or laptop as dvd discs are the only way to , any transfer to hard drive just means that that hard drive is just re-formatted immediately as soon as it is connected to the panny but the bd/re discs can play but somehow are not transferable to the pannys hard drive? This has frustrated and puzzled me, I personally think this is down to the fact that either the AVCHD is different or that the bd-re disc cannot be finalised

Ok
DLNA does not support what you want.
You can copy from BD, DVD to the 720 HDD.
Putting files on the HDD by computer will not work.

Ok
DLNA does not support what you want.
You can copy from BD, DVD to the 720 HDD.
Putting files on the HDD by computer will not work.
Hi, Read your reply when I use a particular software I get an option where I can read everything off the panny’s hard drive but do not get an option to record to or from this, this through the hub

Hi, Read your reply when I use a particular software I get an option where I can read everything off the panny’s hard drive but do not get an option to record to or from this, this through the hub
Hi , again how do you copy from a blu ray if this is not recognised, this is my issue, bd-re ray disc burnt on a computer do play but they are not recordable unlike a dvd or dvd-/+rw discs

AFAIK to copy from BD you need to have the AVCHD structure on the BD.
Something like multiAVCHD should construct that for you.
If the recordings are SD then you need mpeg2 encoded ones, VLC would do that.
When the 720 is recording it can't do any conversion at the same time so you need to have to use formats that it uses on its HDD. This applies even if you are copying.

Hi
Newbie here - I’m having trouble with my 735 on recorded programmes. The sound, especially music, on the recording comes and goes in very annoying fashion. It happens on recordings on any TV channel. I have obviously tried the switch on/off reset and full re-tune all to no effect.
Has anyone had a similar issue with a Panasonic PVR? Can anyone suggest a reason for this behaviour or more importantly a fix for it? (The DVD player works fine on playback).
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom