Panasonic DMR-BWT-720 operating with Sony TV KDL40HX750

purpletezza

Standard Member
My Panasonic DMR-BWT-720 BD/DVD/HDD is connected to my Sony TV KDL40HX750 via HMDI cable to the HDMI1 TV input.

When HDMI1 input is selected on the TV I cannot access the TV menus using the Sony remote controller. The Panasonic menus appear on the screen. The TV menus appear when the TV input is selected.

in the first instance I suspected the Panasonic was reacting to the Sony remote control, but if I hide the Panasonic from the Sony remote controller IR beam the TV behaviour is the same. It is like the TV is controlling the Panasonic menus via the HDMI cable.

This functionality is very annoying as I want to adjust the TV picture colour/brightness etc for the HDMI1 input.

I expect the TV's menu to appear when HDMI1 input is selected when I use the Sony TV remote controll. The TV should overlay the TV menu onto the HDMI1 picture.

Anybody help here?

purpletezza

Standard Member
Good call.

In the Sony TV I switched off all the HMDI control settings and now the Sony and Pansonic units' menus work independently. I would not have expected a Sony product to be able to control a Panasonic product. Maybe a HMDI standard exists for such inter-brand device control?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom