• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMR-BW780 Difficulty transferring Canon G10 Camera Video

Shona Mercy

Standard Member
Hi,
Im new to this forum and im looking for help.
My parents have a Panasonic DMR BW780. We are struggling to transfer video from a camera memory card to the hard drive, photos are not a problem, but we are unable to record video.

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,
Im new to this forum and im looking for help.
My parents have a Panasonic DMR BW780. We are struggling to transfer video from a camera memory card to the hard drive, photos are not a problem, but we are unable to record video.

Welcome to the forum

Can you report which Camera sourced the video on the card?

There is also a thread regarding the transfer of Camcorder video to these machines here.

Gavtech

Administrator
the camera is a canon G10 Power shot, as i say no problem with photos, just the video

The G10 is a Still camera that has movie capability 'bolted on'.

As such these cameras are not designed for and do not produce movie images suitable for TV systems. They are designed for depiction on computer systems only.

The movies cannot be downloaded onto the recorder.

TheG

Standard Member
You can't copy from them memory card but you can use the AV lead from the camera to the inputs on the Panasonic recorder.

I haven't seen a G10 but according to DPReview it runs at 30fps. Many stills cameras run at NTSC frame rates (30fps) - if your recordings are 30fps then you may need to swap the TV System from PAL to NTSC in order to record the output from the camera.

You may need to sit down with both user manuals to work out what to do but it is almost certainly possible once you get the options right.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom