Panasonic dmr btw700 problem.....scart inputs are kaboom for some reason...any idea's guys?

stu135

Novice Member
Hi guys.

I have the Panny dmr btw700 pvr/bluray recorder.

For some reason, both scart inputs have packed in, i only ever used AV1...but after noticing the problem last week, i thought maybe av1 was gone but av2 would still work...but after trying av2 also, it seems both scart inputs have packed up.

The machine only used now and again for external recording, and its well looked after.

Any idea's guys?

Thanks in advance

Gavtech

Administrator
The scarts on the BWT700 are not as flexible as you think.

AV1 is solely an output scart with no input capability at all and AV2 is limited to S video or composite input only. ( plus AV2 must be selected as the input on the input selector. - probably indicated by 'A2' on the display)

So any output source must be fed into AV2 and be delivering either S video or composite.
An RGB video input will not work.

If you have had earlier Panasonic models they used to be much more flexible in this regard, so you may be mis-remembering.

jonoro

Sorry Gavtech but that's not correct.
I have a bwt700 and BOTH scart sockets can be used as inputs
Inmy case I us them as composite video +audio inputs, one from a sky box and other one from a freesat box.
If you hit the 'input' button on the remote you get the choice of 'tv' 'av1' or 'av2' i.e. the two scarts.
If you still have problems let me know and I'll look at the service manual and see w,hat'scommon to themboth.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom