Panasonic DMR BS750 problem - subtitles only intermittently displayed

Bert Coules

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just recently, my Panasonic DMR BS750 has started behaving erratically with regard to subtitles (which I have switched on permanently): when playing back recorded programmes the titles appear intermittently, with only something like one line in every four being displayed.

Signal strength and quality seem to be excellent on both tuners.

Is this a known fault, either with Panasonic recorders or even with the Freesat service itself? I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Give the machine a power reset to rid it of any gremlins. ( 1 hour mains break)

Last edited:
Gavtech, the one-hour power down stretched to rather more than that since I was called away unexpectedly for much of today, but I eventually reconnected the BS750 and did some checking. On previously stored programmes the fault was still in evidence, so it was presumably on the recording rather than the playback side, but new recordings appear to be handling subtitles perfectly when played back. So thanks again for your advice.

There has also been a second benefit: the powering down seems to have triggered a firmware upgrade (unless it happened at the same time by coincidence): "HD programmes" has appeared as an item in the channel-selection menu. Unfortunately, there's also a drawback (possibly because of the upgrade?): the unit was always infuriatingly slow in some actions and now, astonishingly, it's even slower. Moving from some menu screens to others now involves even lengthier periods of staring at a totally blank screen, wondering if anything is ever going to happen. I wonder if anyone else experienced the same effect when they got the upgrade, whenever that was?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom