1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PANASONIC DMR-95 Dubbing Weirdness

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by delgado, Apr 14, 2005.

1. delgado

delgado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reading and hi all.

I have 20 or so recorded programs queued up for dubbing off my panny 95 hdd onto dvd-r. Hi-speed dubbing works flawlessly both on dvd-ram and 8x Memorex.
    However, now the first 4 programs on my direct navigator list are not high-speed dubbable. Technically (rec mode, length etc) they are no different from the rest on the list, they're just the first four.
    When creating a dubbing playlist, they lack the disc symbol in the left column that indicates highspeed-dubability (the rest have it), like there was a limit of programs that the panny keeps HS-dubbable, truncating the oldest items from the list once the limit is reached.
    BTW all the programs are self-recorded from non-encrypted tv or old vhs transfers, so there are no copy-protection issues here.

Anybody else experience this?

thanks
    Alexander

2. llg

llg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i work in the panasonic store in sheffield. Yes i have come across this while trying to dub. High speed dubbing of a program capability depends on the recording material you are working with. Such as the recording time of the program. for example an xp recording or if you have recorded from and external source such as VCR or DVD.

Hope that helps.

3. delgado

delgado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the thing is, the four undubbable programs in no way differ from the rest of the list, which will hi-speed dub no problem, wi threspect to source or rec mode. They're either VCR transfers or direct tv recordings, and so are the rest of the programs.

It's just that they happen to be number 1 through 4 on the direct navigator list. Numbers 5 through 22 will dub flawlessly.

So it's not about the origin of the material, neither the recording mode. All titles are SPmode , by the way.

4. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    I suspect you recorded the first 4 titles on your HDD with the 'DVD-R Rec for High Speed Mode' option in its default setting, which is Off. Then you discovered this option and set it to On. Only titles recorded with this option On are high speed dubbable to DVD-R. So your first 4 titles cannot be high speed dubbed, but your later titles can be.

5. delgado

delgado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're probably on to something here, since I recall operating that change at some point. If your guess is correct (and I highly suspect this to be the case, the more I think about it), the problem should not resurface.

Thank you very much.

best,
    Alexander

6. GASWATKINS

GASWATKINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Ah
    now this must be why machine seems to have mind of its own !!
    now switched on this high speed dub thingie and it seems to do what i want it to do

why not have this set as a preset ??
    bloody technology

no it a brilliant machine
    its just the driver still has his L plates !!