1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Dmr 95 And Ntsc/pal

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BENSONDOG, Nov 9, 2004.

1. BENSONDOG

BENSONDOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

I have a multi-region Panny DMR95 connected to a Sony TV (NTSC compativle) and when viewing R1 DVDs I have to go to functions and change the connection from PAL to NTSC. Not a problem.

However if I am viewing the R1 disc and and am recording at the same time the recording is in NTSC format. Not a problem as my TV is compatible.

Unfortunately I am unable to view the recording even if I switch the connection to NTSC (the same as with a DVD) The recorded programme appears to be in the NTSC format. (It has the "N" tag in the thumbnail and the picture looks like NTSC format, (A black line across the top and out of focus) but will not play.

I`m sure that the Panny has been chipped ok as all my R1 DVDS play without problems

Does anyone have any ideas as how I can resolve this. ??

Thanks muchly

2. josaka

josaka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi
    that is one of the questions in this thread...

japanese model dvd/hdd for uk tv recording/playback?

its thought that you have to check if the machine actually plays AND
    records the format you want...

3. BENSONDOG

BENSONDOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

I don`t think that is the issue as the Panny is a UK model. The TV and the Panny are compatible, but if I`m viewing a R1 DVD it and record at the same time it will automatically record in NTSC.

4. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I've got the e85 - also multi region - and have noticed the same thing. I was watching a r3 dvd -ntsc- whilst trying to record a programme off Sky. Couldn't play it and assumed that that was because the machine tried to record a pal signal in ntsc. Complete dog's dinner I should think. NTSC 50 anyone?