1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic DMR-85H Timer Record problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by inspectapart, Apr 29, 2005.

1. inspectapart

inspectapart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently brought a Panny DMR-E85H hard drive recorder and it has worked fine for the last month however recorded a program the other night via timer record onto the hard drive.
    On playback all seemed o/k for the first 5 mins or so then the screen went grey and the sound was distorted for about 10 mins or so. Then the picture came back on again briefly 2 mins or so, only to go grey again for the rest of the recording. Luckily it was "desperate house wives" and this program is repeated next week.(Luckily for me that is because my other half would have killed me if she`d missed an episode) However , I`m not sure if this was just a glitch or if some thing is seriously wrong with the recorder. It has recorded onto the hard drive o/k since but I haven`t tried timer record again yet. I`ll do that tomorrow.
    Any ideas guys and gals??http://www.avforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=113#
    Confused

2. NickHK168

NickHK168

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first thing I would suggest you to do, before you miss the next episode alltogether, is doing some tests.
    Start with recording something from the same channel and see the results.
    If you see that you still get the same problem on the same channel with other programs, try recording something from other channels. And, if the problem is ALWAYS there, I guess there is a fault in your machine.
    Alternatively, if you see the problem happening only on that TV program, then something is wrong wiht the broadcast signal.
    I found my E85H to have ONE problem ONLY with ONE program on ONE channel.
    The TV program is EUREKA (that I record for my little boy) and each and every episode I record shows part of the recorded footage to go monochrome/blue color for a split of second every now and then along the broadcasted time.
    As I said, it is the ONLY program that does that. And I haven't had time to check the real time brodcast to see if it is a channel's signal related problem or what!?!? But, I am sure it is problem of that specific program's TV signal. Otherwise, it would not explain why the same problem does not show with other programs on the same or different channels.

3. inspectapart

inspectapart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I did use timer record again yesterday and all was o/k, so I will try the same channel today to see what happens. My digital chanels come through cable by the way. Bob.

4. NickHK168

NickHK168

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great! Hope you sorted everything out!!!
    On my side, yesterday and for the first time, Eureka recorded w/out problems. And my son was happy.
    But, I did have an A/V sync problem on another program from another channel, which normally records perfectly fine.
    So I assume that just goes to prove that, unfortunately, on and off problems with these early generations machines are something we have to learn to live with!?!?