• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PANASONIC DMPBDT380 Any Good?

shrapnel

Standard Member
Is this anygood for playback for MKV,MP4 file ect via usb (from External HD) also i have a Yamaha home cinema amp so i will go in via optical. All i want is smooth stutterless playback and the 4K upscalling looks a bonus for £99 its a great offer and it good good reviews from richer sounds.

Thank In advance.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Is this anygood for playback for MKV,MP4 file ect via usb (from External HD) also i have a Yamaha home cinema amp so i will go in via optical. All i want is smooth stutterless playback and the 4K upscalling looks a bonus for £99 its a great offer and it good good reviews from richer sounds.

Thank In advance.

I would also be interested in user experiences. Especially playback from USB.

panman40

Distinguished Member
I can't help with USB playback as I don't use it myself, I recently bought one ( much higher price) as its multi region for blu Ray. The drive can whine at the beginning and end of discs which is annoying and some discs can tap tap tap whilst playing, it's nothing like the quality of the older Panasonic players such as bd60, bdt310 etc but the Multizone works well, I purchased it from TPS and it came with a 3yr warranty, if I had paid £99 I would be pretty happy but probably be trying another to see if the whine is unique to this unit,I was advised all units are tested before sending out and trying another would be no different.

Advice is buy one, see if it works for you and if not return it.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom