Panasonic DMPBDT220 playing network videos freeze

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gordab, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Gordab

Gordab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm running out of ideas to troubleshoot an issue I'm having with playing video files from my NAS via the Panasonic Bluray.

I have a Netgear REadyNAS with a shared folder, connected via cat5e cabling to a switch, this switch is connected to the switch on my cable router again via cable. Into this switch is connected (again cable) the Panasonic Bluray.

I have set up a share on the NAS with all the movie files and can browse and play files without any problem BUT randomly (can be after 5min or after 40min, or not at all for the whole video) the playback will freeze. When this happens the whole player freezes up and won't respond to any input from the remote or buttons. The only way I can rectify is to turn the player off then back on. It will then work fine again - it does not happen in the same place in a video even if the same one is played twice and the same videos play perfectly fine on a PC using VLC or WMP with the codecs installed.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. GaussZ

GaussZ
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem you described. Did you ever find a fix for it?