• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMPBD35 compatability with Sony Surround sound?

bartz1973

Standard Member
Hi

I am looking to update my cinema system by adding a blu ray player(at last).:thumbsup:

i just need a few questions answered before i purchase one...

I am looking to buy a Panasonic DMPBD35 as budget is only £200, will this be compatable with my Sony Dav S550 surround system and Panasonic TH42PV500?

Cheapest i have found is £180.

Will i need a good HDMI Lead? Any suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Christian

thenicklouse

well you could make it work but you will not have any HD sound as you will have to use the optical out to the sony and the HDMI to the TV.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi

I am looking to update my cinema system by adding a blu ray player(at last).:thumbsup:

i just need a few questions answered before i purchase one...

I am looking to buy a Panasonic DMPBD35 as budget is only £200, will this be compatable with my Sony Dav S550 surround system and Panasonic TH42PV500?

Cheapest i have found is £180.

Will i need a good HDMI Lead? Any suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Christian

Hi thenicklouse. :)
If your system has an optical Input then you can connect there for DD/DTS from the BD35. :smashin:
All the best.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
As the system has an optical in, this will be your best/only source of digital audio to get surround sound... the BD35 is a great player, but it would be worth you considering the Samsung BD-P1500 as it re-encodes HD audio to max bitrate DTS when passed over optical... you won't be getting the full HD effect, but you'll be getting the absolute best available for the connection and budget you have.

IMO worth the £30 saving over the Panasonic to get better sound!!!

Samsung BD-P1500/XEU - Blu-ray Disc Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom