Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-ray Player announced at CES'16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My copy of The Revenant UHD has been despatched from WOWHD

Ah bugger,it's getting worse by the hour .
I've just received an email to say my UHD copy of The Revenant should be with me,within in the next week.
No amount of late sunsets are gonna contain my impatience once that arrives... :)

Picked up a few disks today in hmv and they even had a small 4k uhd section tucked away on the bottom of one of the shelfs

I'm getting my player from an independent retailer namely TPS, waiting until end of month to get mine even if it is being released earlier than that, want the all region version, they are not sure at the moment if they can do the Blu-ray side yet, they need a machine to check it can be done?

Just ordered mine
Guess dead pool and Star Trek after that
What else is due?
Think stuff along the lines of Creed; Point Break (the new one); In the heart of the sea; and there's Ghostbusters too,at some point.

Just ordered mine
Guess dead pool and Star Trek after that
What else is due?

This might be of interest. (USA dates)

ImageUploadedByAVForums1460670609.079129.jpg

If i wasn't getting a sizable discount from buying my dx902 and ub900 together from the same place I'd be really pissed off ya'll are getting currys stock tomorrow.

I'm still pretty pissed off actually, as I'll probably be waiting until Thursday now, it just cushions the blow a little :(

If i wasn't getting a sizable discount from buying my dx902 and ub900 together from the same place I'd be really pissed off ya'll are getting currys stock tomorrow.

I'm still pretty pissed off actually, as I'll probably be waiting until Thursday now, it just cushions the blow a little :(

Same here,but can hang on a few more days :)

Same here,but can hang on a few more days :)
End of the day, it's not going to kill any of us. It's just typical that I'm free this weekend to fiddle with it, where as next weekend guaranteed I'll have a hangover that will not even enable me to fathom how to plug the damn thing in. Life.

Wonder how many with a machine being delivered by Curry's got any sleep!
They must be as excited as kids on Xmas eve........good on them.

Who ever gets them today can u confirm if they come with films so i can decide to order from currys .thanks

Wonder how many with a machine being delivered by Curry's got any sleep!
They must be as excited as kids on Xmas eve........good on them.

Not much!

Most of my kit is still not reconnected yet either!

Got my confirmation out for delivery today by dpd, it's a race now for who can get pictures up first!

Anyone ordered one of these but not got a HDR TV? I'm interested to know if it's still worth getting one of these if you only have a 4k TV but not HDR and whether it's worth paying the extra £170 for this over the Samsung player...

I'm interested if it'll do Netflix HDR, would be good if Steve Withers could cover that in his review :thumbsup:

Anyone ordered one of these but not got a HDR TV? I'm interested to know if it's still worth getting one of these if you only have a 4k TV but not HDR and whether it's worth paying the extra £170 for this over the Samsung player...
Think someone was talking about that on here,the other day.
Doesn't this player have a setting for SDR only 4K TV's,to adjust contrast etc.?

The Panasonic could be the better option for you because it has the option to turn off HDR, which could improve the picture for you. This comes up in the trustedreviews review of the player.

The Panasonic could be the better option for you because it has the option to turn off HDR, which could improve the picture for you. This comes up in the trustedreviews review of the player.
But the Samsung does the same i.e switches to sdr on non hdr tv's but I think there's some subtle difference between the Panny and the Samsung as regards hdr to sdr conversion, hopefully more info about that will come out in the review. I'm struggling to justify £599 without a HDR TV tbh (let's face it hdr is probably the main reason to upgrade to uhd bluray), £429 is more palatable especially considering neither player is DV capable so would probably end up being replaced if I decide to get an LG oled later this year / early next year...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom