Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-ray Player announced at CES'16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does seem odd an company like Sevenoaks,would not be asking Panasonic when the bloody hell my players,if Curry have them :confused:
TBH I do not blame Sevenoaks. They were ringing Panasonic for me and not getting anything definitive. It is Panasonic not them. But having said that Panasonic did meet the mid-April release date, even if not the 11th, so no big deal.

I can't seem to get an answer of TPS,seem odd that Curry have them but other retailer seem not to no when they are getting their :confused:

Still waiting on mine from TPS, cannot moan though as I only paid £299.50 for it :clap:

I understand,but this is supposed to be an premium player the sort of product you expect to buy in an mainly home cinema/hi fi shop.:confused:

Currys are the largest electrical retailer in the country. They shift a lot of TVs for Panasonic so I'm personally not surprised they got the first batch.

TBH I do not blame Sevenoaks. They were ringing Panasonic for me and not getting anything definitive. It is Panasonic not them. But having said that Panasonic did meet the mid-April release date, even if not the 11th, so no big deal.
Exactly the same with my dealer. It's Panasonic at fault here. The small independent doesn't stand a chance!

We've had confirmation today that our allocation will arrive next Monday (18th) on our regular delivery, guess Currys got lucky with their delivery slot (guessing Wednesday) into their main warehouse which is where I guess these players are being shipped from. No doubt they'll get them to stores soon too.

Still waiting on mine from TPS, cannot moan though as I only paid £299.50 for it :clap:

That's the same reason I am sticking with my TPS order,hopefully sometime this week,but I would still be an bit pissed if I was an small independent retailers,I doubt most of the staff at Curry if no what they are selling :rolleyes:

Set mine up and must say am very impressed.
Everything more or less set itself, did firmware update.
Tried 'Life of Pi' noticeable increase in picture over 1080p BD and tried some Youtube 4K videos.

Sticking with TPS also. To the ones of us who have their players already and have American released discs, can you please confirm that they work on this player, I'm thinking of purchasing some from Amazon.com, make sure that they are region free as say they will be?

Am pretty sure all 4K discs are region free (no regional coding?) not sure about the 1080p BD's that come with them though - some may well be locked.

Correct - UHD BR's are region free but the BR's that come with them (studio dependant) will be.

Was it just ignorance or misleading people to try and not change their order to currys. The former fair enough but the latter is pretty bad.
That's all sales reps ever do.
They're nothing but the Pied Piper; and Del monte men of the retail business.
Simply telling everyone what they want to hear:)

My local dealer had it confirmed that mine is coming a week Monday. And I am staying with supporting him. My 65e6 isn't here yet anyway. [emoji106]

Scared to ask now but here goes...........can we have a pic from someone who has a machine Un boxed please?

has anyone tried to go into a currys store and get them to order it for you so you can use the o2 open code

Does the two UHD discs include the normal Blu-rays, thought they were only including the UHD's?

Just sorted a spinner out for myself and a friend.

Those that are interested, The Panasonic Store in Leicester still have a number of units in stock today after they've fulfilled orders.

Ask for Kevan..and perhaps give Avf a mention :)

Just got mine!
uploadfromtaptalk1460715112349.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460715117089.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460715120961.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1460715124457.jpg

Fingers crossed but I think I managed to get mine on for delivery tomorrow from RS - sale price of £550 :) though until it arrives who knows lol

Spoke to my Sevenoaks dealer again and it is due any day now. I can wait a few days as I am first on the list.

Meanwhile we have four discs, two more coming today and The Revenant is also on the way.

Now hurry up with the first hands on quick review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom