Update File Name / Size UPDATE_UB900P_E_G_V150.exe / 132,682,024 bytes
Update Date 29/Sep/2016
Description

• Netflix HDR support

Still 10Bit option :(
Come on OPPO your turn to shin :)

Still 10Bit option :(
Come on OPPO your turn to shin :)

Ironically Oppo will have the 10 bit option but no Netflix at the start.

I wonder if people abuse them in the same way they have panasonic lol

I have a question about 3D playback. Either this player can't play back 3d mkvs etc or i am doing something wrong. If i try to play back a 3d file from DLNA or USB it plays back with the side by side image etc but TV does not detect it as 3d so won't let me activate 3d mode. The player sends 3d signal for 3d Blu rays so i am guessing it is not the TV? Also the TV is able to play these files back itself any how in 3d if i use the TV's USB port itself or DLNA.
Has anyone viewed USB or DLNA 3d files via the UB900 is there a button or option i got to go to to enable 3d?
You have to have your ub900 set to 1080p if playing from usb.

Oh and since this update for Netflix HDR it seems to have also fixed my disc stutter issue. I don't get how but it is gone. I am also noticing it load Blu rays faster than before.
Remember i am a super heavy Blu ray user. Did over 7 hours back to back of Blu rays on the UB900 in one day. I can tell a speed difference in the discs loading although not huge and that weird frame dropping or stuttering i was getting is gone, even on the worst discs that were doing it are smooth.

Oh and since this update for Netflix HDR it seems to have also fixed my disc stutter issue. I don't get how but it is gone. I am also noticing it load Blu rays faster than before.
Remember i am a super heavy Blu ray user. Did over 7 hours back to back of Blu rays on the UB900 in one day. I can tell a speed difference in the discs loading although not huge and that weird frame dropping or stuttering i was getting is gone, even on the worst discs that were doing it are smooth.
All's well that ends well :thumbsup:

No worries! I'm not here to convince anyone but myself of the merits of the OPPO, I genuinely think it'll be a classier all-round piece of kit but time will tell, natch. I'm happy to spend the next couple of months without a UHD player as I've greatly cooled on 4K anyway, which begs the question "why bother spending that much on the OPPO UHD then?" but the current OPPO SKUs have been around for a good few years already so the prospect of getting a brand-spanking new (as in, internal decoding) model is enticing in itself, to say nothing of the UHD functionality on top.

There's also the possible upgrade to Dolby Vision to come which will make the player an excellent long-term proposition, it'll probably lack dynamic HDR10 but as long as a TV maps static HDR10 properly then that's not an issue (though the correct mapping has been rare of late, admittedly).
Here's a preview: Oppo UDP-203 hands-on | TrustedReviews

Liking the HDMI input; only having 3 inputs on my TV is a pain and I don't like routing via an AVR (which would also require a new AVR). Depends if it leaves the signal completely alone though, or at least doesn't mess it up.

Lack of streaming apps is a surprise to me, perhaps not to others though.

Is Netflix HDR actually working for anyone? Tried Marco Polo season 2 and it's not triggering HDR mode for me.

Must admit I'm pretty fed up with this player - picture quality is generally great but the software side is a real let down. I've had banding, audio dropouts, failure to power on from standby and pretty poor streaming implementation (no hdr, no 24p)

Worst thing is we've had no acknowledgment from Panasonic about any of these issues.

Is Netflix HDR actually working for anyone? Tried Marco Polo season 2 and it's not triggering HDR mode for me.

Must admit I'm pretty fed up with this player - picture quality is generally great but the software side is a real let down. I've had banding, audio dropouts, failure to power on from standby and pretty poor streaming implementation (no hdr, no 24p)

Worst thing is we've had no acknowledgment from Panasonic about any of these issues.

Are you sure it is not your internet connection? HDR adds on a few more mbit of bandwidth to the stream. One way to tell is it should say HDR or something on TV or movie info page.
Like i said earlier i don't have access to Netflix 4k or i would test it. We need people with Netflix 4k to test marco polo and also take notice if there TV is now telling them it is receiving HDR like with UHDs.
This will be my last post for today.

Are you sure it is not your internet connection? HDR adds on a few more mbit of bandwidth to the stream. One way to tell is it should say HDR or something on TV or movie info page.
Like i said earlier i don't have access to Netflix 4k or i would test it. We need people with Netflix 4k to test marco polo and also take notice if there TV is now telling them it is receiving HDR like with UHDs.
This will be my last post for today.

No I can get it through the TVs onboard app with no issues - however that comes with the lip sync issues I have over optical.

Go into netflix settings, "get help" and "reload netflix", should change to hdr.

Here's a preview: Oppo UDP-203 hands-on | TrustedReviews

Liking the HDMI input; only having 3 inputs on my TV is a pain and I don't like routing via an AVR (which would also require a new AVR). Depends if it leaves the signal completely alone though, or at least doesn't mess it up.

Lack of streaming apps is a surprise to me, perhaps not to others though.
Thankfully apps are one area that don't bother me, just as they don't on the UB900. Looks like a smashing bit of kit.

Go into netflix settings, "get help" and "reload netflix", should change to hdr.

I'm unable to try that as now loading Netflix freezes up the player on a black screen and it needs to be powered off to become responsive again.

I've contacted richer sounds to see where I stand on a refund as I don't think it's fit for purpose.

Edit: It's decided to work now with your advice. Thanks

Last edited:
Netflix hdr works fine for me, but launching Netflix has now become horribly long (about 20 seconds with a black screen before Netflix splash screen appears).
Do others have the issue ?

Netflix hdr works fine for me, but launching Netflix has now become horribly long (about 20 seconds with a black screen before Netflix splash screen appears).
Do others have the issue ?

Yep. I have the same issue with the loading time. Still, when my 58DX902 turns up I will be using the app on the TV.

JonUK

Yep. I have the same issue with the loading time. Still, when my 58DX902 turns up I will be using the app on the TV.

JonUK
Thanks for your answer. Kind of reassuring, yet very annoying. How come since this update, loading Netflix takes so much time ?

I got the update installed tonight but no HDR at all on my Samsung UE65JU7500 ...

Anyone had the same issue ... ??

LePousson

I got the update installed tonight but no HDR at all on my Samsung UE65JU7500 ...

Anyone had the same issue ... ??

LePousson
Daredevil S2 says it's HDR but the TV doesn't go into HDR mode. With Marco Polo S2 it works.

Is it still in 60fps

Daredevil S2 says it's HDR but the TV doesn't go into HDR mode. With Marco Polo S2 it works.

I checked DD and it shows the hdr sign too. It did this with Hibana spark just before it worked so, looks like DD will be hdr in a few days at least. Might be to tie in with Luke Cage starting today.

60 seconds to start Netflix since yesterday 1.50 update ! Wtf !!!
I did a clean reset but it didn't change.
I now have hdr for Netflix , and that is a good thing. But 60s to load Netflix ??? Really, Panasonic ??

I
60 seconds to start Netflix since yesterday 1.50 update ! what the fudge !!!
I did a clean reset but it didn't change.
I now have hdr for Netflix , and that is a good thing. But 60s to load Netflix ??? Really, Panasonic ??

It must be something to do with HDR. I have Netflix but only 1080p access because i found there to be not enough 4k shows i liked. I am pointing that out because since the update mine loads within 15 seconds max, not much difference in speed than before. Must be due to me not having HDR access on my Netflix account or something, mine has updated in app version. number has changed also i got the 1.50 update.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom