Panasonic DMP-UB700 experience

Spygg

Standard Member
I'm a satisfied owner of a Panasonic DMP-UB700 that I want to make region free for BD discs, since I have a collection of region A movies (I live in Sweden, which is region B). I have tried to get the enhanced firmware that gives me this from but for some reason I can't since my "MAC address is not valid" according to the page I get to when I have filled in all my data - which is weird, cause I've written it EXACTLY after their instructions (cable Ethernet et cetera)

The most annoying thing though, is that they don't have any contact info that makes me ask THEM of how to get help with this, so now I'm asking you guys - is there someone here who has this enhanced firmware and know a way to get in touch with the guys att regionfreedom, or has an idea of why my MAC address isn't accepted (according to their FAQ it should look like 1A-2B-3C-4D-5E-6F but mine looks more like "d8-af-f2-20-e5-3f". I have tried both upper- and lower case letters, but no difference...)

Last edited by a moderator:

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Don't take it personally. Those folks are somewhat notorious for declining applications for no reason at all. I have no doubt you typed it correctly.

Spygg

Standard Member
Ok - but this seems automated - like when you have filled in something wrong in a formular - I get this error message immediatly when I press send: "MAC address is not valid".

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
As mckee74 says these people are known for this type of action. You get excluded from their site if you as much as sneeze while you are typing (* exaggeration to make a point) or if they just don't like you. Find another way of doing what you want - they aren't worth your effort (or money!)

panman40

Distinguished Member
So is this the only source for region free bd for a ub700 ?, how about DVD only ?.

KenVal

Don't touch them, I got their enhanced firmware & machine now locked to region A and Regionfreedom will not help & have also barred my mac address.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Don't touch them, I got their enhanced firmware & machine now locked to region A and Regionfreedom will not help & have also barred my mac address.
Was that on a UHD player?

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Well, I made an application. They approved it, then cancelled it citing my post on here.

Nothing like proving people right. And no response regards the firmware not working.

Not sure why I wasted my time.

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Yes, they have spies everywhere, so I'm definitely off their Christmas card list. Oh dear what a pity never mind.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
It cost 50 euros.

To be honest, now you've posted on this thread I wouldn't rate your chances.

sinbrad

I'm not bothered what they read as I too requested the enchanced firmware and received no response after the initial automatic contact reply. So I contacted them again and they said I didn't qualify for it? Why didn't I qualify I asked and have received nothing in response. So in my opinion anyone who acts like this is not worth the bother in the first place.

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
The guy that owns that site was on here once spouting off all kinds of nonsense. He even claimed that he owned this forum.
I think Stuart banned him.
The guy has some serious issues and possibly needs professional help.
(Hope he reads this :D).

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
What a seriously weird outfit - I filled in all relevant details, pledged my 40 Euro payment and waited.
Within an hour I received confirmation of request, Paypal invoice, cancellation of request, cancellation of Paypal invoice and finally another advisory saying I did not qualify for their developer programme.

And why? Because I posted on the UHD700 thread on these very forums that I was going for this.

Unreal!

sinbrad

Yip, a very strange bunch indeed. They don't tell you what you can and can't do and expect you to have a crystal ball at hand.

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
What a seriously weird outfit - I filled in all relevant details, pledged my 40 Euro payment and waited.
Within an hour I received confirmation of request, Paypal invoice, cancellation of request, cancellation of Paypal invoice and finally another advisory saying I did not qualify for their developer programme.

And why? Because I posted on the UHD700 thread on these very forums that I was going for this.

Unreal!
Yeah! He's reading this thread so it's a good way to say that he's a bit mental and he needs to seek medical help and know he's going to read it.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
He/she/they.......,total SHERMONS

mgbridges

Novice Member
I, too, seem to have incurred the wrath of this crowd! I submitted a request for my DMP-UB900, filled in the form including MAC address etc. and got a simple response: "F*** off, idiot!". Helpful, aye?

Oakeyt

Novice Member
Had no problem at all with these guys.
Made my contributor application and within 30 minutes received and paid their invoice via paypal, received the link to the modified firmware and downloaded it to my PC ready to put on a USB stick and update my dmp-ub900.
Couldn't be happier with their service.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Loewe confirms return to luxury TV market
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Music Centre Connect HD to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for October 2021