Panasonic DMP-UB700 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player Review & Comments

Another one here who still enjoys 3D.
My cinema room has the Epson 9300 with Panny 700, where 3D looks great.
My living room has a 65" LG OLED with Panny 400 and again, 3D looks amazing.

Must be a big decision on which display to watch 3D if that's an E6, I had a fair amount of ghosting on my 9300.

The 3D is better on the TV, but the 9300 is more immersive for that ‘cinema’ feeling.
Also my cinema room is light controlled and has Atmos sound.

I find the 9300 is either very good or very poor, it’s very dependent on what you put through it.
For instance Mad Max was excellent where Rogue One was unwatchable.

Tried to do a factory hard reset but I'm not finding the '08 Fin' , only 07 or 13 following panasonics guide, any ideas ?.
@panman40 Did you find the answer to this, i.e. a way of doing it when you have no display? Cheers

Great stuff many thanks

Has this player received the hdr10+ update or is it staying hdr10

It will always be 10

Ok thanks I just wanted to know as my tv has just received the hdr10+ update today.

Technical question if my player doesn't support hdr10+ but my tv does will I see the difference when I watch a film or is it strictly down to the player output.

Long time since I've been on this thread, good to see it still going strong.
I have a new soundbar JBL 9.1 with one HDMI input which if I plug the ub700 into the bar gives me Dolby Atmos. But the ub700 player has two outputs one audio and one video. I've only been using the one output to the TV for 4k as I only had a one box bar solution previously. Will there be a noticeable difference by plugging in to both the TV and the soundbar?
Also how do you check the firmware is up to date?

just go into system and do firmware update
Thanks, Been a while since I digged around the system. Says it up to date so all good.
For output settings is this all ok based on photos attached?
IMG_20200703_215352.jpg
IMG_20200703_215318.jpg

Thanks, Been a while since I digged around the system. Says it up to date so all good.
For output settings is this all ok based on photos attached?
Yes for the audio side of things.
But you may want to consider configuring the 4K/60P settings.
Or just leave them off if you don't have any content which uses it.

Yes for the audio side of things.
But you may want to consider configuring the 4K/60P settings.
Or just leave them off it you don't have any content which uses it.
What would use the 4k/60p settings?
I'm going to have mostly blu ray, limited 4k films and hopefully Netflix 4k for Dolby Atmos.

What would use the 4k/60p settings?
I'm going to have mostly blu ray, limited 4k films and hopefully Netflix 4k for Dolby Atmos.
Some BBC blu-rays of older TV programs. Before they started doing them in 24p.
I've got a couple of their nature documentaries which are 50i.
Perhaps also some non region coded 60p USA blu-rays I have.
And there are two UHDs that use 4K/60p: Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk plus Gemini Man. I've got both which is why I probably configured that setting in the first place....:)

Some BBC blu-rays of older TV programs. Before they started doing them in 24p.
I've got a couple of their nature documentaries which are 50i.
Perhaps also some non region coded 60p USA blu-rays too I have
And there are two UHDs that use 4K/60p: Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk plus Gemini Man.
Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated 👍

Signed into Amazon Prime through the player. Watching Jack Ryan which supposedly has Atmos but I'm not getting Atmos through my bar just Dolby Surround. Showing as HDR Ultra HD when I pause it. The blu ray is plugged directly to the bar. Am I right to think I should get Atmos played through my bar? Mind you Amazon doesn't seem to have much Atmos content.

Signed into Amazon Prime through the player. Watching Jack Ryan which supposedly has Atmos but I'm not getting Atmos through my bar just Dolby Surround. Showing as HDR Ultra HD when I pause it. The blu ray is plugged directly to the bar. Am I right to think I should get Atmos played through my bar? Mind you Amazon doesn't seem to have much Atmos content.
With that devices it could trigger the atmos with a factory reset it's the only thing i can come up for a solution

With that devices it could trigger the atmos with a factory reset it's the only thing i can come up for a solution
Seems drastic but will have a think about that. Since I had the player direct to the bar put wonder woman on for Atmos. Not sure Atmos is used at its peak but definitely the sound quality is a few notches up from my previous soundbar. Of course I'm partly distracted by the lead star as well :)

Hi
I pop in Bad boys for life and this is what happens, it happens to Sonic the Hedgehog too and some other 4K disc too and some play just fine on UB700
I tried my XBox one with all the 4K disc that has this issue on UB 700 and they play fine on Xbox
What is this

What I have tried
Factory reset
New HDMI cables
IMG_20200802_013846.jpg
IMG_20200802_013847.jpg
IMG_20200802_013818.jpg

What avr do you have, try the UB700 plugged in a different hdmi input, it may be there is a problem on the hdmi board.

Hi
I pop in Bad boys for life and this is what happens, it happens to Sonic the Hedgehog too and some other 4K disc too and some play just fine on UB700
I tried my XBox one with all the 4K disc that has this issue on UB 700 and they play fine on Xbox
What is this

What I have tried
Factory reset
New HDMI cables
Try washing the disc. I had pixelation like that on a new copy of Dunkirk UHD.
Cleaning with a cloth didn't fix it so I did some mild washing up liquid solution and rubbed all over the playing side. Then a good rinse and dry off with a final rubdown with a cloth.

Or as @Eddy555 says it could be a dirty lens although in that case I'd perhaps expect to have the problem with all discs rather than just some. So may be a dirty lens coupled with a dirty disc equals problem, while dirty lens with a clean disc equals no problem.

Or it's nature's way of telling you to get a new player as the laser is on the way out...:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom