Panasonic DMP-UB300 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player Review & Comments

No
The player will be actually be outputting 4:2:2 (or 4:4:4 if you've set it up for that).
You can check via Option button on the remote while a UHD is playing. Option, then select Playback Information Window. Top line of this pop-up window is input signal info, 3rd line is the HDMI output info. Input signal will show 4:2:0, output 4:2:2 or 4:4:4. Both work OK at either 10 bit or 12 bit into your LG Oled.

Thank You :) I was looking at the input signal and not the output. I am indeed seeing 4:4:4 12 bit

Have the UB700 in my living room and the UB300 in my bedroom. There is no difference whatsoever in terms of picture quality between the two players. Excellent results on both. What Hi-Fi reviews are best avoided these days.

These players are extremely sensitive to any slight smudges on DVD/Blu Ray discs so always make sure yours are nice and shiny!
I read a very negative review by someone - it was actually the ub400- stating that they had terrible vibration when running and sent player back for refund.Have you noticed anything like that ?

I've run 11 discs in my 300 so far and had no problems at all with any of them. The build quality is obviously nowhere near my CXU but it still runs quietly.

If you're still worried about vibrations you can just buy a cheap rubber mat somewhere and cut it to fit the base of the 300's chassis.

Does anyone know/use the browser on the ub400 and if so does it support adobe flash player? I was going to get the ub300 thinking I wouldn't need wifi but have come to the realisation that the browser on my LG55C6 doesn't support flash would you believe!

Does anyone know/use the browser on the ub400 and if so does it support adobe flash player? I was going to get the ub300 thinking I wouldn't need wifi but have come to the realisation that the browser on my LG55C6 doesn't support flash would you believe!
Probably not, for the same reason TV's don't. Flash is no longer supported by Adobe
The reason modern Smart TVs don't have Flash Player

If you wanted Flash it would have to be from an external device (Laptop, Tablet etc) and here Wifi would come in useful.

Another newby question the performance between the ub300 and 400 is indentical right? So the only benefit is the uhd disc included in the 400, wifi and a dedicated audio hdmi socket. Why would I need wifi and a second hdmi which is only for audio?
Many thanks

Why would I need wifi and a second hdmi which is only for audio?
Many thanks
Only if you want to hardwire the player to your router and only if you have the latest reciever with 4K pass-through then the 300 should be fine.

Only if you want to hardwire the player to your router and only if you have the latest reciever with 4K pass-through then the 300 should be fine.
Neither so I think the ub300 will be fine. Thanks

I bought this player the other day and very happy with it.

I was hoping there'd be a multi region hack for Blu-ray discs but can't find anything on the web.

I bought this player the other day and very happy with it.

I was hoping there'd be a multi region hack for Blu-ray discs but can't find anything on the web.
That would be the same with all Panasonic spinners I presume not just the 300. PS any trouble with vibration?

Well I just got to watch my Region A copy of James Camerons Deep Sea challenge that I've had on the shelf for two years to work on this Region B player with no firmware and no Hacks, Woohoo!

I read a very negative review by someone - it was actually the ub400- stating that they had terrible vibration when running and sent player back for refund.Have you noticed anything like that ?

Haven't noticed anything like that.

Well I just got to watch my Region A copy of James Camerons Deep Sea challenge that I've had on the shelf for two years to work on this Region B player with no firmware and no Hacks, Woohoo!

Strange!, how did you manage that ?.

Strange!, how did you manage that ?.

Load up a Region A disc as normal till you get this warning.

DH95

Then press HOME

Then hit OK while on the Videos icon

Then keep hitting the Top Menu button and the player bypasses the Region Check

DH9Z

Picked up my 300 today and played a bit of Jupiter Ascending BD and it's virtually silent! Placed hand on spinner and no vibration at all - very smooth so so far very pleased. Can I ask is there any settings which can be a benefit - just put the disc in and played so far, also my mates coming around at the weekend with some BD 3D films, do I need to set anything? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Plug in - auto setup and watch movies. They really are that simple.

Just purchased this from john lewis at a bargain price £167.00 plus 2 yr guarantee
Best price around at tje moment

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Just purchased this from john lewis at a bargain price £167.00 plus 2 yr guarantee
Best price around at tje moment
Thanks for the heads up paid £185 from JL week before - they refunded the difference.:clap:

Anyone having issues with 3D movies? Just tried 2 movies and both will freeze and the player then sounds like it's going to take off

Glad to read that JL refunded difference
Just been setting it up tonight and impressed so far with pic quality great price and machine

Anyone having issues with 3D movies? Just tried 2 movies and both will freeze and the player then sounds like it's going to take off
Played two 3d movies so far no problems - sounds faulty

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom