Panasonic DMP-BDT310 or Onkyo BD-SP309

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

Im hoping to get the Panasonic TX-P50VT30B and Onkyo TX-NR609 within the new few weeks. Im wondering which 3D BD player to get, whether to get the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 or the Onkyo BD-SP309. I can get either for £200 so price isnt an issue. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Baz

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The advantage of the BDT310 is that it will link via Viera link to allow you to use just one remote. 3D etc integrates seamlessly as well. Quality wise, I have the BDT110 and it is superb. The advantge of its big brother is enhanced audio circuitry,built in wifi, 2 HDMIs, so you don't need to loop through the AVR and the gimmick of just waving your hand over the top of the player to open the draw!

YellowSphere

Well, if you were going for a Panasonic with a 609 I don't see why you'd need the 310 over the 110, so you could save some money there. Literally the only advantage you would get from the Onkyo Blu-Ray is that it would match the amplifier. I would consider maybe Samsung and LG Smart-TV enabled Blu-Ray players if you're interested in internet video etc. I'm not convinced by Viera Connect so far, but it may well improve. There's no internet video through the Onkyo as far as I'm aware.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Well, if you were going for a Panasonic with a 609 I don't see why you'd need the 310 over the 110, so you could save some money there.

Hi

Wireless Lan, thats the only reason. One less cable to worry about lol.

Baz

YellowSphere

So, in other words, you are interested in web connected features? If so I'd honestly go for the LG BD670, their Smart TV platform is easily my favourite of all the 2011 web portals.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
So, in other words, you are interested in web connected features? If so I'd honestly go for the LG BD670, their Smart TV platform is easily my favourite of all the 2011 web portals.

Hi

Im not interested in web contect at all, it is seriously about one less cable :suicide:.

Baz

YellowSphere

Hi

Im not interested in web contect at all, it is seriously about one less cable :suicide:.

Baz
I'd just go with the 110 in that case and use a USB stick for updates. BD Live is rubbish.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom