• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PANASONIC DMP-BDT310 or 110?

decebal12000

Established Member
I want to buy one of them but I cannot decide which one and also the difference in the price is huge. It will play on my Samsung PS51D550-51" plasma TV. I know the difference between each other but I look for somethink future proof and also the 310 model has that touch free sensor.

Which one would you like to go for?

Thank you.

skk3

Prominent Member
The 310 has two HDMI outputs - one for video (connect to TV) and one for audio (to connect to an av receiver, if you have one). This may lead to better connectivity later on...

xit2050

Prominent Member
I know the difference between each other but I look for somethink future proof and also the 310 model has that touch free sensor.

Which one would you like to go for?

That touch free sensor is a gimmick, nothing more.
For the rest, the 110 is internally exactly the same as the 310 (less the wifi and the double hdmi).

D

Deleted member 27989

If you pardon the addition question. So are the inerts the same then? Would that mean the 210 is the 110 + wifi and the 310 - additional hdmi?

There are no other differences between them?

D

Deleted member 27989

I know you can and have done, but it is what is not written in there ;) And as you say there are differences, yet earlier on in here it is suggested they are the same. So are they or are they not ;)

For example according to the panasonic comparison the 110 can play photos, videos you burned yourself from BD disc and the 210/310 can't...Which I find hard to believe. Likewise if that is wrong, then perhaps the sound settings are wrong as well?

xit2050

Prominent Member
I know you can and have done, but it is what is not written in there ;) And as you say there are differences, yet earlier on in here it is suggested they are the same. So are they or are they not ;)

Yes, they are identical.
The "High Clarity Sound" and "Digital Tube Sound" are yet more worthless gimmick.

So, gimmicks aside:
If you don't need double HDMI and don't need WiFi: 110
If you don't need double HDMI, but need WiFi: 210
If you need double HDMI and WiFi: 310

Izak

Standard Member
Been looking at these myself. Ideally we'd need one with WiFi but don't really need a second HDMI so was looking at the 210, however just been looking on Amazon and while the 210 is selling for £147.78, the 310 is only £149.99! So it seems little point in going with the 210. Comet are still selling the 310 for £249.99 and the 210 for £169.99

TimmyBee86

Established Member
RS also have the 210 and 310 for (i think) 145 and 150. Personally i would rather buy from them

hessman

Established Member
I picked up a 310 yesterday and love it. Being able to access the HD sound track on Blu-ray has made the difference over my DVD player. Set up was painless and pretty quick after it had done the firmware upgrade.

Very worth the £169 I paid for the multi region version from RS.

Izak

Standard Member
RS also have the 210 and 310 for (i think) 145 and 150. Personally i would rather buy from them

Thanks for that, just had a look on their website and the 310 is the same price as Amazon or an extra £20 for multi region. We have a Richer Sounds not very far away so might give them a call.

D

Deleted member 27989

Considering that it is a remote hack for DVD only, is it worth paying someone else £20 for? Just a thought...

Izak

Standard Member
Considering the 110 is £89.95 in store at Richer Sounds, including 3 blu rays (Star Wars Iv, V, Vi), that has to be a great deal!

The only problem with the 110 is the lack of WiFi (which we would need at least for the time being) and that adds an extra £60+ to the price, meaning I might as well get the 310.

However, if you have wired ethernet connection near your TV, then the 110 will probably be a great deal.

D

Deleted member 30535

The only problem with the 110 is the lack of WiFi (which we would need at least for the time being) and that adds an extra £60+ to the price, meaning I might as well get the 310.

However, if you have wired ethernet connection near your TV, then the 110 will probably be a great deal.

Why £60? A cheap wireless/wifi bridge would suffice. That said, I have a wired point! :D

TimmyBee86

Established Member
do you not have to get the official dongle, like you do with the Pana TVs?
I know there is a netgear one which also works, but its still not what i would consider "cheap"

rollinson1

Established Member
No dongle needed, It's built in with the 310 & 210. Also tried sending wave files by wi fi and get the same message "Media Not Supported"

D

Deleted member 27989

Why £60? A cheap wireless/wifi bridge would suffice. That said, I have a wired point! :D

do you not have to get the official dongle, like you do with the Pana TVs?
I know there is a netgear one which also works, but its still not what i would consider "cheap"

I don't think he was talking dongles ;)

What I do is having a Devolo homolog in the lounge with my gear. Provides a 3 port ethernet switch and also a wireless n access point and communicates with another home plug to my home office where all the computer gear is.

TimmyBee86

Established Member
ah i getcha. i tried that once and failed. may try again.
I cant use homeplug as my man cave (aka converted garage) is on a separtae circuit.

So i just need a wifi bridge and a handful of cables for Xbox, TV, Blu-ray, PC. that should do it. If you can only get them with 3 (seems odd?) then i'll do without the blu-ray and just plug it in when firmware needed

D

Deleted member 27989

TimmyBee86 said:
ah i getcha. i tried that once and failed. may try again.
I cant use homeplug as my man cave (aka converted garage) is on a separtae circuit.

So i just need a wifi bridge and a handful of cables for Xbox, TV, Blu-ray, PC. that should do it. If you can only get them with 3 (seems odd?) then i'll do without the blu-ray and just plug it in when firmware needed

No the three is just the home plug. You can have wifi bridges with lots more, or just an access point connect that to a cheap switch and job done :)

Izak

Standard Member

Reading your post has actually made me think about it. I've just rung Richer Sounds who don't have any stock of the 210 or 310 at the moment and Amazon's price for the 310 has jumped £35 to £185 this morning! So I've been looking at the 110 and now do think its the best deal. The saving we make can go towards getting some proper ethernet cabling put down into the living room too (or a HomePlug).

Thanks! :D

TimmyBee86

Established Member
watch out... the 110 is limited stock in RS as well...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom