Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Now Available

Salamander

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick heads up for anyone waiting for the launch of this model. (I thought it was going to be April /May before they showed up)

Picked mine up today:smashin: from DirectTVs.co.uk - (great price too £204) - so presume other retailers will be in process of receiving stock too.

Hope its as good as the reviews of the predecessor model (BDT300).

My choices were limited as I really needed twin hdmi to pass 3D to my projector and HD sound to my (Non 3D ready receiver)...couldn't stretch to an oppo93. This sounds like perfect solution...I'll be interested in the ipad controller & perhaps the 2D-3D conversion (but I'm not holding out much expectations on that front!)

Last edited:
Been itching for stock of these players! It's not showing on their website yet and they've closed for the day so I can't phone them! Argh!

Just took a look and they are down as only being available in store!
Little dubious to be honest, and this companies reviews are a little mixed, so will be holding out until I can be convinced.
Or there's other stores selling it! ;)

It's local to me so I didn't even think to look at delivery options sorry - seems a biggish set up though. it's likely to be available nationwide next week i would of thought.

Had another look myself - I can't see the restriction to pick up? (although there is a charge for delivery)
I'd agree it would appear odd if the company didn't mail order - their in an industial estate so would have thought it was a big part of their business

Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D Blu-ray player DMP-BDT310EB - Televisions and TVs from Direct TVs

Anyway back to the unit - all rigged up now - incredibly slim. Intuitive to set up. Finally getting the DTS HD MASTER on my receiver! Surprisingly quick boot up/ load times. Nice clean facia on unit with flap looks great in the rack. Picture fantastic at 110" happy days...:D

what's the sound quality like compared to any other source you have or have listened to?

thanks.

Got mine yesterday from Metro centre Newcastle.

Very flimsy feeling unit with terrible damping feet. the swipe draw nice but pointless if in a rack.
However after setting up to send video to the TV and audio to the onkyo 605, I was impressed. Bit of a pain to get it to send 24fps video only and bit-streem to the other hdmi but got there in the end.

Previously I used a HTPC for blu-rays with powerdvd and Asus d2 piping out audio over multichannel inputs to the 605 and HDMI directly to the TV, always been happy with it and preferable to a PS3/b370.

However after little burning in the bass extension from the panny 310 is a great improvement and separation is better and I feel effect steering better also. Some warmth in the voice/mid-range isl lost over the Asus DACs but for bullets whizzing around on Saving Private Ryan beach scene its brilliant. Video needs some tweaking for my screen but the panning shots seemed to be an improvement over a HTPC and about the same as a sony 370/PS3.

The next thing to figure is how well the DNLA works with mkvs.
Apparently no software updates were needed when i turned it on, which is version 1.47

Last edited:
Yeah - know what you Mishy on the build quality - It won't win any awards on 'sturdyness'. I guess it's the current trend on keeping everything as small as possible. I'm impressed with the picture & sound - so it looks like the only corner cutting is the physical unit!
I've got 3D SBS mkv's playing on DLNA, Had a bash at 2D-3D, had a quick play with Viera cast - but don't think I'll use the skype / twitter etc.
I've not had a dedicated blu ray player before so difficult to benchmark - but I'm pleased with the unit - especially the sound decoding.

1.56 firmware update greeted me this morning, made the setup menus more snappy, not noticed anything else.

Cant find a change log for it however, Panasonic site assumes I mean the BDT300.

EDIT: the networking aspect,searching for devices and retrieving folders is a ton quicker than 1.47.

Last edited:
Mine was delivered from JL this morning. I can compare against an S350 and PS3 if required on either display listed in sig. I'll also be trying out a number of MKV's and testing the tube effects.

The wife may be getting this tomorrow from RGB. So it's as good as the reviews then, and at last I can get HD audio from my Denon AV1910.

So far picture is on a par with the S350 and PS3, sound is better. Network playback though is terrible - in DLNA mode it's able to find my Synology NAS and even find the folders, but playback of any MKV or AVI fails with a cannot connect error. Using the network folders route allows me to playback MKV's fine but not all folders are visible. MP3 playback works through DLNA but FLAC unsupported as standard and when transcoded through Synology play very slowly.

Hopefully it's a settings problem as DLNA style functions work fine on my PS3 and Onkyo Amp.

Hi all,
i'm currently awaiting this player as part of a "bundle" - 50VT30 plus 4 BD 3D disks and a 5 year guarantee :clap:. Can anyone tell me on this thread if it comes MR ( dvd only ) or if there is a hack for this player, or will i have to send it away to be chipped.
thanks

saarnold

. Network playback though is terrible - in DLNA mode it's able to find my Synology NAS and even find the folders, but playback of any MKV or AVI fails with a cannot connect error. ...

Hopefully it's a settings problem as DLNA style functions work fine on my PS3 and Onkyo Amp.

Never used a DNLA setup before but no issue getting avi files working. large 720p mkv trailer stream almost instantly... for 5seconds then stop, which i hope is a setup/hardware issue with supply to the player. please check if you have the 1.56 version, this made it much less laggy in operation and perhaps a few fixes over the 1.47 that came with my box.

Sorry saarnold, I don't have any disc's to test, might be the same as the previous 300 units in regards to MR ability/hack.

Anyone tried using the 3D depth control - does it make much difference to the depth of 3D effects? The equivalent control on my TV doesnt seem to do much.

Never used a DNLA setup before but no issue getting avi files working. large 720p mkv trailer stream almost instantly... for 5seconds then stop, which i hope is a setup/hardware issue with supply to the player. please check if you have the 1.56 version, this made it much less laggy in operation and perhaps a few fixes over the 1.47 that came with my box.

Sorry saarnold, I don't have any disc's to test, might be the same as the previous 300 units in regards to MR ability/hack.

The crazy thing is that it works fine when the MKV's are on USB or via the Network Drive function (but that is missing loads of folders). The only MKV's I've had a problem with are 1080P and they stutter which I wasn't expecting over a wired gigabit connection.

The first thing I did was upgrade to 1.56 when I got it home.

I'm afraid this and the fact 24p isn't automatically detected means I shall be trying to send it back to JL.

I'm afraid this and the fact 24p isn't automatically detected means I shall be trying to send it back to JL.

What do you mean 24p isn't automatically detected?
Surely you have to set the player to output 24p once in the settings menu and that's all.
Or are you saying that you have to set 24p to on for each disc you play?

If that's the case then your player must either be faulty, or Panasonic are taking the ****! :laugh:

What do you mean 24p isn't automatically detected?
Surely you have to set the player to output 24p once in the settings menu and that's all.
Or are you saying that you have to set 24p to on for each disc you play?

If that's the case then your player must either be faulty, or Panasonic are taking the ****! :laugh:

I've got two displays, one that can and one that can't do 24p. I can turn 24p on when using the projector, but when connected to the plasma the option changes back to off. So any time I want to use the projector and 24p I have to go into the menu and change it to on again. I could program a macro for the harmony to do it or wait for a firmware update, but the DLNA MKV problem is the deciding factor.

I've got two displays, one that can and one that can't do 24p. I can turn 24p on when using the projector, but when connected to the plasma the option changes back to off. So any time I want to use the projector and 24p I have to go into the menu and change it to on again. I could program a macro for the harmony to do it or wait for a firmware update, but the DLNA MKV problem is the deciding factor.

Got ya!

So your plasma doesn't run at 24p.
:)

Got ya!

So your plasma doesn't run at 24p.
:)

No it's an "ancient" PH9 (that still looks fabulous). I've tried to reason with the wife, that the cure to this problem would be a new display, but she's not having any of it :laugh:

Anyone tried to claim a free copy of avatar 3D when purchasing only this player (this offer active in USA but doesnt seem to be over here). If this offer was active in the UK I would definitely buy this player. Otherwise I may look at the new samsung player or if I can stretch to it the Oppo 93.

Very happy with this player - great picture and sound with Blu-rays. 3D picture much better with this player compared to PS3. Very easy to set up and I get HD sound through my Denon 2309

For anyone who's got an itouch/phone/pad - the panasonic blu ray remote is now available for download in the apps store. Tried it out briefly on my 310 & it responds quickly enough on my ipad. The gesture control is pretty cool. Think it's a useful addition/option to control the device - worth a free download..

Anyone tried to claim a free copy of avatar 3D when purchasing only this player (this offer active in USA but doesnt seem to be over here). If this offer was active in the UK I would definitely buy this player. Otherwise I may look at the new samsung player or if I can stretch to it the Oppo 93.

I got Avatar-Coraline-Ice Age 3-Paul Carack Live set with my Panny 110 (uk) so I think you will get them with the 310 also. It only took 16 days from sending off the receipts to get them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom