panasonic dmp-bdt210 & netflix help needed

micky95

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys need some help with this it driving me mad:mad:,just bought a dmp-bdt210 and theres no netflix app on it,according to the net it suspose to be there but i can get the usaul bbc iplayer,youtube ect. but no netflix.any help will be great thanks micky

Last edited:
Hi.
I'm afraid you may have been missold; NetflixUK is only available on a tiny smattering of devices, and it's hard to figure out which ones.
Usual stuff of make sure the network is connected (does iplayer work?), and try the firmware update option in the menu somewhere, but I fear you may get nowhere.
I see a pcadvisor review of your player, and it does indeed mention Netflix; alas it also mentions HuluPlus, rather suggesting the review was of an american model. And NetfilxUSA is somewhat more common on American players...
I'm afraid the only BD player I happen to know has NetflixUK is last years LG BD670. Believe you can get it on the PS3 as well.
--
Regards, Iain.

Hi.
I'm afraid you may have been missold; NetflixUK is only available on a tiny smattering of devices, and it's hard to figure out which ones.
Usual stuff of make sure the network is connected (does iplayer work?), and try the firmware update option in the menu somewhere, but I fear you may get nowhere.
I see a pcadvisor review of your player, and it does indeed mention Netflix; alas it also mentions HuluPlus, rather suggesting the review was of an american model. And NetfilxUSA is somewhat more common on American players...
I'm afraid the only BD player I happen to know has NetflixUK is last years LG BD670. Believe you can get it on the PS3 as well.
--
Regards, Iain.
cheers i think your right its just so annoying that the player is capable of getting it aswell:D

cheers i think your right its just so annoying that the player is capable of getting it aswell:D

Very few BD players bother with Netflix. I guess they would have to pay the manufacturers and don't want to. With the installed user bases being much larger I can see why they would consider the PS3 and Xbox.

My Sony BD has Lovefilm along with BBC iplayer and Channel 5's Demand5.
Nothing else has been added for over a year.

Hi.
It may or may not be; AIUI, the NetflixUK client requires more grunt than the NetfilxUSA client. Something to do with additional anti-piracy measures...
It's most likely just down to development resources; if each model of BD player requires its own client, then that's a lot of expensive development work required. Which requires justifying. And NetflixUK is still relatively new...
Most the most inexcusable thing is the blurry nature of these streaming services. I see no list on Netflix' website detailing the UK devices which work. And the manufacturers seem equally reluctant to say what services are available on any given device in a given region. Retailers might mention iplayer, but... And reviewers may have just procured a review written in a different region which is meaningless over here.
The way manufacturers can add/remove services on a whim means any list gets out of date; out of the box, my BD670 didn't have Netflix. It arrived in an update. Gather BP420 users used to have lovefilm; which disappeared in an update...
It's probably the case that any old cheap BD player is the way to go; and sit an Aspire Revu or Ideacentre next to the TV to stream stuff...
--
Regards, Iain.

Hi.
It may or may not be; AIUI, the NetflixUK client requires more grunt than the NetfilxUSA client. Something to do with additional anti-piracy measures...
It's most likely just down to development resources; if each model of BD player requires its own client, then that's a lot of expensive development work required. Which requires justifying. And NetflixUK is still relatively new...
Most the most inexcusable thing is the blurry nature of these streaming services. I see no list on Netflix' website detailing the UK devices which work. And the manufacturers seem equally reluctant to say what services are available on any given device in a given region. Retailers might mention iplayer, but... And reviewers may have just procured a review written in a different region which is meaningless over here.
The way manufacturers can add/remove services on a whim means any list gets out of date; out of the box, my BD670 didn't have Netflix. It arrived in an update. Gather BP420 users used to have lovefilm; which disappeared in an update...
It's probably the case that any old cheap BD player is the way to go; and sit an Aspire Revu or Ideacentre next to the TV to stream stuff...
--
Regards, Iain.
cheers i have gone down the route of having a wdtv streaming media player for netflix:D cheers micky

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom