Panasonic DMP-BDT120 - Streaming to another device

DaveJ-UK

Standard Member
I got a Panasonic DMP-BDT120 Blu Ray player thrown in when I bought my new TV. My old TV doesn't support DLNA or Smart, so I have actually connected it to the old TV so I have these features in the other room as well.

I am able to play content from my PC (via DLNA) on the DMP-BDT120 but I was expecting to be able to stream blu-ray films from it to the TV in the other room. Is that possible or am I asking too much?

ymed

Standard Member
I got a Panasonic DMP-BDT120 Blu Ray player thrown in when I bought my new TV. My old TV doesn't support DLNA or Smart, so I have actually connected it to the old TV so I have these features in the other room as well.

I am able to play content from my PC (via DLNA) on the DMP-BDT120 but I was expecting to be able to stream blu-ray films from it to the TV in the other room. Is that possible or am I asking too much?

Hi, I have obtained this device recently. I have not DNLA yet, but can you tell me, does this player can play AVCHD via DNLA?

DaveJ-UK

Standard Member
If you have a new question then you should create a new thread rather than hijacking this one.

AVCHD was developed by Sony and Panasonic so I guess it would be supported. Check the spec of the recorder to be sure. Even if the player cannot decode it, if you are playing it from a Windows 7 PC then it will transcode it to a format the player does support (assuming you have the AVCHD codec).

DaveJ-UK

Standard Member
It's not a problem but you will get a better answer if the thread title reflects the question.

jet_andy

You can only stream from a DLNA server, ie a PC or DLNA network hard drive. The BBT120 is a DLNA compatable player, not server, so you cannot stream from it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom