Panasonic DMP BDT120 not being picked up

HTCDesire

Novice Member
I would greatly appreciate help on the issue I am facing.

I bought the above blu ray player recently and amongst other things, I intend to use it to beam videos/photos from my android phone. When I did not have the blu ray player, I was able to successfully beam them to the TV (Sony Bravia LCD) via DLNA using iMediaShare Lite.

Since I bought the blu ray, I connected the ethernet cable from the router to the blu ray and the TV gets the HDMI from the blu ray.

I have completed all the settings on the blu ray player (I have gone over it again and again and think I have got all the settings right) but for some reason iMediaShare Lite or Twonky just does not recognise the blu ray player.

Moreover, I installed the Panasonic remote app on my device (the paid one from Simon Vincent and not the Panasonic app) and it works fine and I am able to use the phone to control the player (stop, pause, launch viera cast etc. and that tells me that the DLNA set-up is right)

However, for some reason, all other apps that I installed iMediaShare Lite, Twonky etc do not detect my blu ray player so that I could beam photos/videos to the TV through it.

Any thoughts what could be wrong?

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom