Panasonic DMP-BDT100P - Old Stock & Multiregion Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ravenseed76, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Ravenseed76

Ravenseed76
    Previously UberDan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

this forum was recommended to me for some questions I have regarding a Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

I was given a Panasonic DMP-BDT100P Blu-Ray player by one of my customers when I paid them a visit. They told me it was a very good player, and also that is is region free. All excited I rushed home to try it out.

Unfortunately when I opened it up I discovered it is an American player. It has the US 2 pin plug in the box, and on the back it states it is 120v. Also, it states date of manufacture is Oct 2010 (today being Jan 2014). And it states region A.

So I have several questions regarding this if somebody could point me in the right direction.

1) Will it work? I don't think it was ever opened as I broke the seal on the box so chances are it hasn't been powered up for over 3 years. Does it contain capacitors that could have dried out by now?

2) Is it region free? I did a quick search and saw this post : - NitrateVille.com • View topic - Multi-Region Blu-Ray players
    Somebody in the post states they managed to get it to play Region B discs, with a bit of faffing..

3) Is it any good? I have a decent collection, and have been using my PC along with Win DVD up until now which was OK...with the occasional issue as you do with PC stuff, so obviously a dedicated player would be cool.

4) if it will work and if worth it, can anyone recommend a decent but not too chunky US > UK power converter (just for this player)... it has the 2 pin figure eight power connector.

5) Can anyone think of any other issues that may arise?

Appreciate any help out there.

Dan.

2. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    you'll need a transformer like this Maplin 230V to 110V 45W Voltage Converter | Maplin The player itself should be fine, but its very unlikely it will be region free if it was still sealed in the box. However region a players can be quite desirable since multi region players are so expensive and rare.