Panasonic DMP-BD60

BluWarfareHD09

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well, first of I like to say hello to everybody :hiya: and to say I'm new here and dont know too much about this sort of stuff. Well on with the question, I just bought a few weeks back a panasonic DMP-BD60, the quality of blu rays are fantastic on it(not sure bout DVD's yet aint used any yet) but when you first swith it on it will say hello and stay on the tv's blue screen,then go black then green back to the tv's blue screen green again and then to the player screen bit, also i had the error code u72( i think cant remember exactly) bout faulty hdmi cable but plug it in to xbox and it work then pluged it back to the player and worked fine. can anyone clear this up if this is normal or not as if it aint ill take it back and have them replace it. thanks in advance.:clap:

P.S. I got the newest firmware.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum. :)

My BD60 seems to take forever to get going (a bit like me these days! ;)) but I understand this is normal for all Blu-ray players.

As you say, it's worth the wait when the picture appears. :smashin:

Hi there.

There is a Panasonic DMP-BD60 thread on page 3 with 31 pages of questions and answers that is worth reading, the answer to your problem may well be in there somewhere.

For what it is worth i have recently bought this player and am delighted with it :thumbsup:

A lot of people complain about start up times with the BD60 but I don't have a problem with it. Have you enabled "Quick Start"? It uses a bit more power. 5W in standby as opposed to 0.5W.

Note that if you have a TV that supports HDAVI Control 4 and you enable "Standby Power Save" on the TV, it will still takre lonegr to power up the BD60.

I guess it's a question of the trade off between a bit more power used in standby and speed of start up. Personally I think even with 5W on standby it'll take 200 hrs to use one unit of electricity so I go for the quick start option.

Panny's idea of "Quickstart" is certainly not mine! :nono:

"Slightly less slow start" would be more accurate. :devil:

I know the disc is partly to blame, but over 4 mins to start Gladiator... :mad:

Must confess I've not done a comparison between "quick start" and not. Nor do I have "Gladiators" but most of the discs I have take less than a couple of minutes at most from power on to start viewing. Put the disc in, then put the kettle on, rather than the other way round. :D

Put the disc in, then put the kettle on, rather than the other way round. :D

Thats fine if you go straight to the film , but i have noticed that there is another menu you have to click before it gets to the start,
so when you have your tea/coffee you still have to wait. :) (Gladiator must be the longest one ) and the Disney ones.

Thanks for all the replys guys and I will check out that thread you mentioned. Another thing is is it normal for DVD to look a bit grainy/ pixelly or just certain ones( I tried meet the fockers), can't look at the other thread as my Internet out and I'm having to use my Iphone but it's a bit annoying to read long stuff on small screens but thanks any guys nicE to see a friendly community for once

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom