Panasonic DMP-BD50 Tested in BluRay Buyer 29th May!

alcabs

Folks,

I've not seen this posted anywhere on the Forums but if you pick up a copy of this month's Home Cinema Choice mag (June 2008), flick to page 34 and you will see a single page ad for a magazine called BluRay Buyer.

Listed as being on test are the Panny DMP-BD50 and the SC-BT100 Blu Ray home cinema system. :thumbsup:

This mag is supposed to be out tomorrow so hopefully there will FINALLY be some concrete answers to the numerous questions floating around this forum regarding this player.:clap:

I just hope the analog outs DO output all the Hi Def audio codecs otherwise I am scr*wed with my Arcam 350!

By the way, I DON'T work for HCC. I just want the definitives on this player like the rest of you.

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Be carefull to check that the 'magazine' isn't simply a full colour glossy advert from the BDA.. :rolleyes:

Mr Grumpy

Novice Member
Well fingers crossed it's a meaningful test as I, like a few others, have been patiently waiting for this player and want to know if it is worth my cash.
:thumbsup:

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
I just hope the analog outs DO output all the Hi Def audio codecs otherwise I am scr*wed with my Arcam 350!

By the way, I DON'T work for HCC. I just want the definitives on this player like the rest of you.
Well, if it's written by the same people who write What HiFi, they didn't even mention that the Pioneer they gave glowing reviews to didn't do what you (and many others) are hoping the Panasonic will...

Here's hoping this lot bother to plug it in. ;)

oceanrower

Novice Member
Anyone that have got the review and could give us the "highs"?

Thanks,,

Rsaeire

Are people waiting on the BD50 to see what the Blu-ray quality or Blu-ray and DVD quality is like? I personally am waiting on a Blu-ray player that can do both.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Are people waiting on the BD50 to see what the Blu-ray quality or Blu-ray and DVD quality is like? I personally am waiting on a Blu-ray player that can do both.
Blu-ray quality will be the same :) DVD :confused: we will have to wait and see i guess. :smashin:
All the best.

Nic Rhodes

I think the unanswered question to me are DVD quality (expect to be poor again) and the audio capabilities (analogue, filtering, bass management etc), plus the general overall quality level?

alcabs

:mad:
This mag is a no-show! After scouring all the local shops yesterday I gave HCC a call and they told me it's been delayed by a month...or two!!!!

I guess by then, if the June launch date for the DMP-BD50 is true, someone will have got their hands on one and we will all know its capabilities.

Sorry for getting folks hopes up.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
:mad:
This mag is a no-show! After scouring all the local shops yesterday I gave HCC a call and they told me it's been delayed by a month...or two!!!!

I guess by then, if the June launch date for the DMP-BD50 is true, someone will have got their hands on one and we will all know its capabilities.

Sorry for getting folks hopes up.
No worries mate :smashin: personally prefer user reviews and feedback myself. :D
All the best.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Doesn't surprise me much that it's been delayed. You'd have to wonder how you could fill an entire magazine with the current new offerings that would be worth covering.

It would be a bit of a Panasonic advert at present with only the BD30 to actually test.

Rsaeire

No worries mate :smashin: personally prefer user reviews and feedback myself. :D
All the best.
I agree. There's no better feedback than that of AV forum members :thumbsup: God only knows how many times Kingfats and everyone else has come to users' rescue.

Since the BD50 is using Panasonic's Uniphier processing I can only gather that the DVD quality will be as good/bad as the BD30; which I haven't heard good reviews on regarding DVD quality.

My first Blu-ray payer has got to have excellent Blu-ray and DVD quality as I find it's better to have a player do all things than have to rely on several different players to cater to all your needs, so I doubt the BD50 will, unfortunately, meet my needs.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Uniphier is a bit of an enigma IMO. It first appeared on the Pansonic BD10/A, and they managed to make it do a better job there than they have so far on the BD30 which is odd, because you'd at least have thought they'd carry across the SD-DVD processing capability rather than make it worse. Perhaps the tests that the BD30 fails in the secrets review can be fixed via firmware. Just leaves everyone guessing at where the BD50 will come in really.

Rsaeire

Tell me about it! I for one would rather wait for something along the lines of the Pioneer LX91, but if something comes along that is as good then I may be swayed.

gingerchris90

Novice Member
I'm looking for any news on the new Panasonic BD50. Specifically the price. Any ideas what the latest is? I've read conflicting reports.

Last I read the release date is June 10th.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom