• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMP-BD35 picture aspect ratio

mantaman

Standard Member
Had this player about 6 weeks, and noticed that every BD I play has horizontal "letter box" type bars top and bottom of the screen (Pana TH50 PZ70). These seem to appear whatever ratio I select on the BD player. I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder which as far as I can recall never gives rise to any bars on screen. Am I missing something? Is there adifferent setting I can select to give me a full screen picture?

Cheers

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Had this player about 6 weeks, and noticed that every BD I play has horizontal "letter box" type bars top and bottom of the screen (Pana TH50 PZ70). These seem to appear whatever ratio I select on the BD player. I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder which as far as I can recall never gives rise to any bars on screen. Am I missing something? Is there adifferent setting I can select to give me a full screen picture?

Cheers

Hi. :)
It's quite normal and just down to the ratio of the film,you do get quite a few films in 1.85:1 and TV shows in 1.78:1 ratio though which will fill the screen.
All the best.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom