Panasonic DMP-BD10EG-S - New Model??

lawrenso

Ex Member
Reaction score
The DMP-BD10EG-S was the first model introduced and is now obsolete. The replcement model is the DMP-BD10A.

that is funny as I phoned Panasonic and they said it was a new model!! Suppose they will say anything for a potential sale!!

Cheers

Lawrenso

BTW if you look at the DABS listing, you'll see the manufacturer # is DMP-BD10AEGK which is the new model.

I would phone and check though that it is the A model.

The DMP-BD10EG-S was the first model introduced and is now obsolete. The replcement model is the DMP-BD10A.

Actually both this, and the "A" model are physically identical hardware wise, both to look at, and internally. The only difference is the firmware installed on the units - the "A" model ships with an updated firmware to resolve some problems, which you can download anyway for the original 10 model, making it the same.

The older "10" model was reduced in price by panasonic to £599 anyway quite some time ago to shift then out, which is now the SRP for the updated firmware "10A" model. Hope that helps....

Bad choice of words on my part I should have said discontinued rather than obsolete. Apologies.

Actually both this, and the "A" model are physically identical hardware wise, both to look at, and internally. .

I thought that the "A" model sported the new HD audio formats (True HD & DTS-HD) logo's on the chassis?

Thanks for all the responses guys and clearing that up.

Think I will wait for the Samsung multi-format unit that is due soon.

Cheers

Lawrenso

Thanks for all the responses guys and clearing that up.

Think I will wait for the Samsung multi-format unit that is due soon.

Cheers

Lawrenso

Yea, looks like a good machine. Hope it lives up to expectations. :)

I thought that the "A" model sported the new HD audio formats (True HD & DTS-HD) logo's on the chassis?

A logo on the front is not a hardware difference!

Both machines are physically identical in terms of hardware, the only difference is the firmware installed that they left the factory with. Both models have identical specifications if you install the latest firmware into the older "10" model.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom