Panasonic DMEX77 Clock display- - not!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SRT, Sep 14, 2007.

1. SRT

SRT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,
    I cannot seem to find any reference in the manual about the clock time being displayed constantly. It only shows when a recording is set. Is it possible to set up to show all the time? tia.
    Stuart.

2. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I just got mine yesterday, it shows up all the time except when watching a freeview channel (displays channel number or input source) or recorded prog, or when recording a programme, then it's a counter instead of clock. if in standby mode and doing a timer recording, the clock shows then too.

it just happened like that from when i plugged it in.

i didn't come across any reference to it in the manual but have not yet gone through all the features or menus yet, so it might be there somewhere, or it might not.

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    When you have the Power saving mode set to ON then the clock will NOT be displayed.

It will only show when you have set a timer recording.

If you want the clock on all the time then the Power saving mode cannot be used,

Forget the clock display - save cash (and help the environment) by leaving the P.S.M. set to ON.

4. SRT

SRT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,
    Thanks for the replies. I will check the power save mode and if it is on then I have that choice to use or not:)
    Not really necessary so might just save power:D
    Stuart.

5. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    having Power Save mode OFF lets you do Sky pass-through though, so if you like that feature, the mode must be off.

i like it but it's not necessary (it's no hassle to change from AV2 to AV1 on the tv), so i leave PSM ON.

PSM ON also means the recorder takes a long time to power up when you switch it on, whereas with it OFF it does it instantly (as can be expected because it's already half-powered-up all the time anyway). it's not a drawback though, you just have to take the start up time into account and switch it on a couple of minutes earlier.

6. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    With Power Saving Off , then if you connect the digibox TV scart to the recorder and using Passthrough you are able both to view and record in RGB from the digibox.

Make sure In the digibox video settings that RGB and scart control are both on. Also make sure the input setting for AV2 on the EX77 is set for RGB/Video and AV1 is set to output RGB1.