Panasonic Discs

troymcclure

Standard Member
Could anyone let me know a retailer for Panasonic branded DVD-RAM (caddied, single and double) and -R discs.

I found some on-line but none that did both discs (prefer to buy from one source), in stock, in proper cases (not the slim CD single style case).

Player arrives tomorrow so want to get an order in quick. Are the shops e.g. PC World hugely more expensive than on-liners?

Thanks,

troy

kenfowler3966

Budget media is much cheaper than Panasonics own brand, and generally just as good for at least half the price. PCWorld is probably at panasonic prices for budget media.

From my experience, buying media from PCworld is 2 to 3 times online costs, but you save on delivery as you are using your own expensive transport to collect.

troymcclure

Standard Member
Thanks Ken but do you have a Panasonic recorder? I've read many posts stating that Panasonic players (I'm getting the E100) are very picky about discs and only Panasonic brandeds are 100% guaranteed.

I'd rather pay more money for hassle free discs.

troy

kenfowler3966

Yes, I have a HS2, and I have never bought any panasonic media, and had no significant problems with the media I have bought.
I followed the advice on this and other forums and avoid things like bulkpag and ritek based dies, which most panasonics can't handle, and have had less than 10 media fail out of about 200 so far. (5 of those in a row in the middle of a pack of 50 datawrite yellows, so even reasonable media can have the occasional bad batch.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom