1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic dirty picture(help)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by leedsfireman, Mar 21, 2002.

Tags:
  1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi, i have a tx36pf10, tosh sd210e dvd, qed rgb scart. unhappy with picture from dvd. i am not getting a good clean pic, colours not crisp, no good detail. it seems that the whole pic is dirty or dusty if you can imagine. the bright backgrounds have a mottled effect and some bright colours seem to flicker. i have tried my dvd player and scart on a shop's lowe tv and the picture was a 100% better so no prob there. has any one else had the same problem, is there a fault with the tv or are the panasonic's picture not as good as i am expecting. any help would be great.

many thanx,
    andy.

2. Italo Tettoni

Italo Tettoni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There is nothing wrong with your DVD player or connections, it's just the type of picture which the Panasonic TV set has. Try switching off most of the noise reduction modes and adjusting colour, colour temperature and contrast to get rid of the 'yellowish burnt cast' accross the picture.

3. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    There are a few picture setting adjustments , as mentioned in the previous post, but if you are still unhappy - it could be the TV.

I too own the TX36PF10 and I am perfectly happy - the set is 2 years old and I took an extended 5 year gurantee with Domestic & General as the panasonic guarantee cost more and covered less !!!.

With TV's this big and HEAVY, it pays to extend the warranty.I have heard a story of a Panasonic TV just over a year old and out of guarantee with a blown tube !!!! Panasonic did absolutely nothing to help with the cost of repair or replacement - and arguably...why should they ? granted it should not of happened to a year old TV, but they are ultimately built by humans even if robots were used (get it !).

I digress a bit......honestly, I hope it is not your TV.