Panasonic digibox keeps freezing....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by BOUMSONG, Oct 23, 2004.

1. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Ive been watching sky today for quite a bit and about 6 or 7 times i have had t switch the box off at the wall for a couple of minutes becuase it has completely frozen. It happened a couple of months ago but then suddenly stopped. Its started again though. Ive told lots of people about this - some people have said to try and shorten the lnb cable etc. People have also told me to reset the box and i did this but about an hour later it went dead.

I'll probably have to get in a sky engineer. I know they charge 64 quid to come out BUT ive been told if you threaten to cancel they will sort the prob for free

PS- i have had sky for about three years... :suicide:

2. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Nobody?

3. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Had a similar problem a while back - ended up (after 3 boxes) needing a dish/LNB re-alignment. It was around the time the cards were changed so I made a lot of fuss about that when making phone calls.

I did start off though by phoning up to cancel ;) Never paid for a call-out or replacement part once :smashin: Guess if they'd called my bluff I would either have looked a bit silly or ended up without Sky. Having just cancelled today it would probably have been the latter.