panasonic dies after 4 days!

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by markbigears, Mar 29, 2004.

1. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    it looked lovely on the wall for the 4 days it worked, then it died and never came back...... tried another power cable and fuse but its dead, not even a red flashing light. nothing. Anyway after a heated conversation with john lewis im getting a new one delivered next week. The model in question is a TH42PA20. Looking at the threads on panny shut downs it dosent look the same, ie: theres no power at all to the unit? anyway there we go....any thoughts guys?

2. Diapason

Diapason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    In what way was the conversation with John Lewis "heated"? Surely they're not denying that you deserve a replacement after a mere 4 days...???

Si

3. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    it had been sitting in the box for 3 months while i decorated the room and got all the cables in the wall etc......it was actually powered for 4 days, not 4 days from time of sale...... but as we all know we now have 6 months to get a replacement or money back. You have to be firm with them and take no BS from them. They tried...they failed. Still a pain in the ar$e though and it was all going so well!

Could someone also post the "shut down" situation. Do your plasmas still get power but just dont power up? i mean does anything light up at all...red lights etc. I'm wondering if the PA series uses the same poer pack as the 6 series, although it dosent sound the same fault?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    That's not the usual prob, perhaps an internal fuse of some sort, I haven't heard of of that one before. Or it could be just knackered.

5. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    maw, and to cap it all ive just heard that its gonna take a month to get a new set in....must be because of the new model.....must admit this plasma lark is starting to get at me now. Should have stuck with my 16 inch widescreen!

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    There is a supply prob with the PA20, not JL's fault. I'd have thought a refund was an option if it's a month though.

7. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    maw, i know about various people on here with probs with the pw6 but havent heard about the pa20 before? So are you saying they are all faulty? i mean when i get a new one what are the chances of it happening again? re: money back....yes that is an option, but ive got the bracket up now and i assume the new PE version is a different mount? have you any info on if a new updated power supply was ever fitted to later models? and if so any idea about serial numbers to go for? Have you had many back maw? cheers mate, mark

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I never sell people integrated tuner plasmas. I sell same type of system to all, then lending kit is no prob in these cases. Just a new plasma 1/2 of wall mount. They have not changed the PS as it's not a big problem, just fix them when broke. It is a fair proportion, but different problem to yours. The bracket will fit a PW6 but not the new one.

9. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    maw, can you tell me......do they open up the plasma to change the power supply? sorry for all the question, just trying to get as much info as possible as they have said i can have a refund.

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    yes

11. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    cheers

12. cenkbut

cenkbut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How could you wait for 4 months? I'd die if i couldn't mount such a plasma the day I bought :)