1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Degaussing / Colour Impurities

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ekko Star, Sep 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    My Panasonic CRT 33AK10 has started to develop colour staining. It all started in the corners of the screen and then occasionally along the edges.

I know this can happen by placing speakers or magnetic devices nearby the tv, but this is not the case in my set up.

After calling out a service engineer today, he came along and corrected it using a massive coil and waving it around the screen.

Well it all looked good earlier on but now once again after turning on the telly tonight the corner has begun to stain ?

What could this be ?

:confused:

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You may have tried this already but...

are you switching the TV off with the remote or at the switch on the TV?

If you switch off at the TV and wait for an hour or so (a good time to do this is at the end of the day then you can just leave it off overnight). When you switch on the TV it will invoke the TVs internal degaussing circuit. Hopefully doing this on a regular basis will keep the staining at bay.

If it keeps returning, then perhaps the shielding of the TVs internal speakers isn't adequate (faulty).

Hope it works out for you. :)