Panasonic dealer in the UK - P42V20

ahodgekins

Novice Member
Having spent ages researching TVs for my new flat, I think I have settled on a Panasonic P42V20.

Currently I can get this from Sevenoaks for £1,129, including:
- 5yr warranty
- Free BD65 blu-ray player (I don't own a blu-ray deck or a PS3 presently)
- 6 free blu-ray discs

Seems like a good deal, however I've also seen this for £1,099 in House of Fraser, the only difference being a BD45 blu-ray player and no mention of the free disc offer.

The disc offer is on the Panasonic website for all TVs purchased from an authorised dealer. My question is therefore: Are House of Fraser (or any other big department store that might price match) authorised Panasonic dealers?

If not, I'm tempted to go for the Sevenoaks deal. Have only ever bought speaker stands from there before, about 10yrs ago too, but was impressed with the service.

Also, since I'm posting to the 'what TV' forum - any viable alternatives to the P42V20 that I should be considering e.g. very good LCDs, or other brands. 42-inch is my max size, and I don't really want 3D (e.g. have discounted the P42GT20 on grounds of worse black levels).

The Samsung LE40C750R was looking good with the free 3D blu-ray package John Lewis were doing, but these have now sold out.

alsina

Having spent ages researching TVs for my new flat, I think I have settled on a Panasonic P42V20.

Currently I can get this from Sevenoaks for £1,129, including:
- 5yr warranty
- Free BD65 blu-ray player (I don't own a blu-ray deck or a PS3 presently)
- 6 free blu-ray discs

Seems like a good deal, however I've also seen this for £1,099 in House of Fraser, the only difference being a BD45 blu-ray player and no mention of the free disc offer.

The disc offer is on the Panasonic website for all TVs purchased from an authorised dealer. My question is therefore: Are House of Fraser (or any other big department store that might price match) authorised Panasonic dealers?

If not, I'm tempted to go for the Sevenoaks deal. Have only ever bought speaker stands from there before, about 10yrs ago too, but was impressed with the service.

Also, since I'm posting to the 'what TV' forum - any viable alternatives to the P42V20 that I should be considering e.g. very good LCDs, or other brands. 42-inch is my max size, and I don't really want 3D (e.g. have discounted the P42GT20 on grounds of worse black levels).

The Samsung LE40C750R was looking good with the free 3D blu-ray package John Lewis were doing, but these have now sold out.

They are an authorised Panasonic dealer, though Panasonic are only offering 1 bluray (Avatar) with the BD45 rather than the 6 blurays on all other bluray models.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom